PDA

View Full Version : Tech question

baja_racer
01-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Hello All.....new to this board,
I am looking for some info on how to remove the ignition switch and temp light from the stock plastic dash on a 2005 TRX450R?...I guess that's what we can call it.I am replacing it with a custom one but can not figure out how to remove either item......any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance...

44oEX
01-16-2005, 05:35 PM
well there is probably a clip on the onderneat. just push the clip and pull it out.

bobbo97f150
01-16-2005, 08:44 PM
To get the temp. light out of the plastic, pop out the red lens with a pocket knife or thin flat head screw driver. Then just pull the rest of the light(rubber stuff) out the back of the plastic dash thing. To get the ignition switch unhooked, take the hood off, follow the wires to the plug mounted on the frame. What you have to do is seperate the thin plastic tab from the metal tab on the frame and pull up on the switch assembly. Then you can unhook the switch using your thumb to pull back the plastic tab on the female end of the plug while pulling the male end of the plug out. Man thats a long explanation for a short operation.

The ignition switch kinda snaps into the plastic dash piece. You'll see some tabs to push in from the back side of the dash to pop out the switch. Then just pull the loose wire through.

baja_racer
01-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Thank you.....bobbo97f150...I will give that a shot.

baja_racer
01-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks again....worked like a champ!!!!!