View Full Version : trail tech clamp/x-bars

ny300exrider
01-16-2005, 01:52 PM
before spring im going to get some fat bars and a clamp for my 450. I came across the trail tech bar and clamp setup and it really caught my eye. My main question is how do these x-bars compare to bars such as renthal or pro paper. I really like the whole style of the bar clamp and the plastic part that holds the key and temp light. Another question regarding these bars is what bend bar(low,medium,or high) will be closest to stock height with the clamp and everything installed. Ive read some posts on here about the trail tech products and their customer service seemed great too. what would you guys say on this setup, i ride mx but nothing too crazy and i cant spend 200 bucks for a t2 kit. thanks

ZSK
01-16-2005, 07:17 PM
A buddy ran the stem and bars on his Z. Couple rolls and stayed perfectly straight. What's going to happen with your 400?

400exrider707
01-17-2005, 03:11 PM
my buddy has them on his Z too. Really nice bars. Good setup with the logo bar clamp and x bar fat bars. The low bends is like 1inch lower than stock the mid bend is stock height and the high bend is 1 inch taller. He has the high bends on his and it works awesome. Rolled a few times and no bends yet. Real good replacement system for a good price.

ny300exrider
01-17-2005, 05:02 PM
thanks for the imput, the trail tech setup is one of my choices, im going to get them in the spring so i have some time to decide. cleanshave, my dad bought my 400 from me so he could go riding with us. it all worked out well actually

LT250Racer609
01-17-2005, 07:18 PM
i have them on my 250R and they feel real nice...i have the low bend bars tho for cornering on the MX track

drthrottle
01-17-2005, 07:44 PM
I have them and love them too. They have stood up to plenty of stuff. Just fyi. The high polished bars are not as strong as the other finishes.

400exrider707
01-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by drthrottle
I have them and love them too. They have stood up to plenty of stuff. Just fyi. The high polished bars are not as strong as the other finishes.

Yeah same thing with steering stems, the higher priced chrome ones are not as strong, the chrome actually weakens them.