PDA

View Full Version : Attn:: Pivot Works Linkage Bearings!!!

450Racer
01-16-2005, 12:09 PM
hey everyone. i made a horrible mistake and want to make sure that none of you have to go through the same things that i just did. for the TRX450R, make sure when you order your Pivot Works bearings and bushings kit that you also get the rear suspension bearings too if you do not have your stock linkage bearings to transfer them into the Elka linkage. i assumed that it came with the "complete" kit as their motto goes, "complete, fast, easy" but it wasn't. it was actually a misunderstanding that they should fix. my dealership failed to tell me i needed the shock kit to. in result...

i'm racing SX in front of 5,000 people next sunday and i had a whole day planned for testing at several different indoor and outdoor tracks and trails with my dad and a few fellow racers. i had the whole R assembled and this happened which put the day to a quick stop. to say the least i'm extremely pissed off and disappointed. i really hope that one of you don't have the same problems i did.

komatsu kid
01-16-2005, 02:58 PM
moose kits come with everthing i just got mine friday,i was going to get pivet works but my dealer told me it doesn't come with everthing like a moose kit.

Rico
01-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Did you tear the linkage and everything else apart and throw all the bushings away before you got the pivot works kit in???

I failed to read what went wrong with the quad???

racerx573
01-18-2005, 12:36 AM
He sold his stock shock and linkage when he upgraded to all Elka components, therefore he didn't have any of the replacement parts.

Rico
01-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by racerx573
He sold his stock shock and linkage when he upgraded to all Elka components, therefore he didn't have any of the replacement parts.

I guess I"m retarded but I"m still not seeing what he's done wrong. Elka linkage if he got it with the rear shock, comes with all bearings and bushings.:confused:

cdalejef
01-18-2005, 03:17 PM
All the Elka linkage kits I've sold had the bearings already pressed in. :confused: