PDA

View Full Version : yfz vs 450r XC

T2RACING
01-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Going to buy a new bike to set up for xc racing... What are advantages and disadvantages of both... New to xc racing world..
Thanks..:D

jshtex
01-16-2005, 04:37 PM
I noticed you posted this in both the 450r and the yfz sections, that should pretty much tell you what you are going to hear. This site doesn't get quite as much yfz traffic as some others so you might not get as much pro yfz feedback here.

My son has raced xc for two years now and we have always had hondas, when we upgraded last season to a 450 our sponsor (who is a honda/yamaha dealer) built one of each for him to ride. He liked both, and frankly he could win on either, but for us it came down to the electric start. Our series is dead enging start, and even though most of the time the honda's start on the first kick, sometimes they don't. We had our first race of the season today and I probably saw three that had to kick it more than once (to be fair that was out of 10 or 12 450r's). Today was a mud race so the holeshot was important.

But really if the electric start is not an issue for you, then you should find a dealer that will let you ride both and then pick the one you like. If your dealer won't let you ride one, find another dealer.

T2RACING
01-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks,, I appreciate the information...