PDA

View Full Version : Engine noise?

BamaRider
01-16-2005, 07:43 AM
I just started hearing a noise from my engine right before I get ready to shift. The bike is a year old. Is it the valves needing adjusting? Please tell me this noise is nothing major. :confused:

nosliw
01-16-2005, 11:43 PM
right before you shift so it's in the upper rpm ranges? if it's a ticking then adjust your valves.

BamaRider
01-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Yes, it's in the high rpm range. Not really what I would call a ticking noise though. It's like for a split second the engine revs louder than normal. When you shift to the next gear it is back to normal sound, until you get back up to high rpm & about to shift again. It also does this on the downshift, but, as soon as the rpms drop a little below the high range it sounds fine again. Kinda hard to explain without hearing it in person. Thanks for any help or imput though.

2001400exrider
01-20-2005, 02:54 PM
hey maby your just bouncing off the rev limiter?

pead_24
01-20-2005, 06:35 PM
you sure nothing is rattling at high rpms like skids, air scoops etc...??

BamaRider
01-21-2005, 07:22 AM
I took my bike to my local dealership Tuesday for them to install my HMF full system, K&N filter, & jet it. I asked the guy over there that is over the service department what he might think the noise was. He said that I'm probably just hearing extra engine noise that I'm not used to hearing because of the full skid. He said that alot of the engine noise that is normally going out the bottom of the frame, is now directed right back up toward me. Which makes perfect sense, because the first time I heard the noise, was right after I installed full AC skids & bumper. I sure hope thats all it is. Thanks alot for everyones imput on this.

2001400exrider
01-21-2005, 12:35 PM
hey let us know how that HMF full system goes cuz thats the system im gunna get for my bike:devil:

BamaRider
01-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Will do. I called yesterday to see how things were coming along, & they said they should have it done by noon today, But, you know how dealerships are........tell ya whatever makes you happy & gets them off the phone. We'll see & I'll let ya'll know. Looks like I may have to make me a signature soon.:D

Scro
01-22-2005, 09:15 AM
bamarider, where r u from in alabama? Im from the NW corner, near florence.

BamaRider
01-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Hey bama450r, I'm over in Cleburne County, near the Oxford, Anniston area. If you ever get over this way, the Kentuck ORV Trail system is awsome. Just got my buddy into quads, & he went and got him an '05 450R. Man I couldn't believe the difference in power! I wish I would have waited and got a 450 now. But, I love my 400 though. I just started adding a few aftermarkert parts. I will make a sig. soon and list whenever I get it all on. We'll all have to try to get together sometime and ride.