PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder ?? Couple Questions !!

Quad18star
01-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Has anyone dealt with GT Thunder?? I'm looking to maybe purchase a graphics kit from them , if they have them available ... and I was wondering if anyone has dealt with GT Thunder .

Also , do they make an exhaust system for the YFZ 450?? I think I remember seeing one a while back , but I might be mistaken . If they do sell one ... how is the power and what price range is it in ??

popo
01-15-2005, 10:06 PM
One of the most respected in engine building,shock service,quality control, customer service.

Very diffucult to find that in one shop.

450Racer
01-15-2005, 10:07 PM
you're canadian and you're not getting elkas!?:huh

Quad18star
01-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by popo
One of the most respected in engine building,shock service,quality control, customer service.

Very diffucult to find that in one shop.

Awesome ..... that's encouraging . I'd hate to buy somethign out of the USA and get screwed ... cuz theres no way I'd ever get my $$ back .

Quad18star
01-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by 450Racer
you're canadian and you're not getting elkas!?:huh

Ummm ... ahhhh ... most likely will . They offer fairly good prices to Canadian buyers ... but i'm not in the market for shocks right now . I'm looking for a graphics kit and an exhaust . :p :D

Moto92
01-16-2005, 01:02 AM
What does the graphics kit look like? Ive heard nothing but good about GT Thunder.

Rico
01-16-2005, 06:33 AM
GT Thunder is top notch.....:cool:

I talk with Laz every other day and he's a really good guy.

quad
01-16-2005, 06:36 AM
Gt thunder's gonna have my business very soon!!:devil: I talked to Laz,and he knows his chit!!!!:D

brian-250
01-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Laz is about the only person i want touching my motor.:macho

yes and yes, he'll make you almost anything you want as long as he thinks it will work.;)

Quad18star
01-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
What does the graphics kit look like? Ive heard nothing but good about GT Thunder.

Here's what the graphics look like . Mind you , this picture has been photoshoped ... the bike was originally blue .. but the graphics weren't altered .
http://img86.exs.cx/img86/9826/yfz450.jpg

Here They are unaltered on the blue .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p37ec217755cd8723f7b7d00e69bd4212/f676ae65.jpg

Quad18star
01-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Well I feel more confident ordering from GT Thunder now . I'm just hoping that he will ship to Canada . If not , I'm back to square one . Thanks for all the replies .

01-16-2005, 11:08 AM
GT thunder is the most legit company I have ever seen in our industry. I just picked up my motor yesterday. ummm and graphics!

MichaelS693
01-16-2005, 01:28 PM
greg... i love that gay exaust on that first bike in the first pic.. dont you?? LOL!:D

popo
01-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Well I feel more confident ordering from GT Thunder now . I'm just hoping that he will ship to Canada . If not , I'm back to square one . Thanks for all the replies .

Greg.

He does business all over the world

Quad18star
01-16-2005, 01:59 PM
It's a new exhaust from Whatchamacallum Racing . Guaranteed 60+ HP .

Thanks for the info Popo ( sorry I dunno your first name) .

Moto92
01-16-2005, 02:27 PM
Those look sweet for sure. Its hard to even tell that pic has been chopped, except for the gay exhaust LOL

K_Fulk
01-16-2005, 02:40 PM
The graphcs hold up good too. Here is the same blue bike from today.

If you want to see the graphics in white Brandons quad is in the background.

Rico
01-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk

You guys racing today?????

K_Fulk
01-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Rico
You guys racing today?????

I was just standing in the cold. A lot of other people were racing. Studded tires would have been the hot setup today.

Quad18star
01-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk

Awesome .... thanks for posting the picture . I wish I'd have gotten the blue plastics for mine ... the kit seems to look better on the blue than it does on the white . Oh well ... things you do , to save $1500 .

So far , GT Thunder seems real good to deal with . He has replied to my emails VERY quickly . Great to see people in the business that care .

Anyone know where I might be able to find info on their exhaust?? I asked the owner and I'm awaiting his reply . Just thought maybe I'd do some research in the mean time .

Thanks for all the help guys ... making this process WAY easier .

Greg Larocque

Quad18star
01-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Well I ended up ordering a kit for my YFZ today . Now it's just a matter of waiting till it gets here . I sure hope it'll look good on white plastics . It was a toss up between the JRD Kit and the GT Thunder kit ... GT Thunder won . :p

Rico
01-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Well I ended up ordering a kit for my YFZ today . Now it's just a matter of waiting till it gets here . I sure hope it'll look good on white plastics . It was a toss up between the JRD Kit and the GT Thunder kit ... GT Thunder won . :p

That is great to hear. I REALLY wish I would have become friends with Laz a lot sooner than I did. Anyone that has ever dealt with Laz would tell you the same. IF anyone does say something negative about GT Thunder it's probably a lie...:o

He hand builds pipes so you getting a YFZ pipe, which I"ve never seen, might take a while to get. It will be Loud and probably put out mad HP......:scary:

Quad18star
01-18-2005, 07:05 PM
That is great to hear. I REALLY wish I would have become friends with Laz a lot sooner than I did. Anyone that has ever dealt with Laz would tell you the same. IF anyone does say something negative about GT Thunder it's probably a lie...:o

He hand builds pipes so you getting a YFZ pipe, which I"ve never seen, might take a while to get. It will be Loud and probably put out mad HP......:scary:

I asked him about a pipe for a YFZ ... he quoted me $550 and said the DBs on it would be about 105 . He never mentioned if he had one pre-built though .

I think for the money , his kit looks to be pretty good . Can't beat $75 . I'm just hoping Customs doesn't charge me an arm and a leg with Duty fees .... god knows I can't afford to give another leg .
:(

400exBro
01-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Greg to save on duty make sure the items are sent USA priority mail(express post in Canada) and set the value for the items lower, and make sure he says the items are either warrenty or testing products...
the only thing is if they were to get lost your insurance value will be lower!!!!
this is what i have always done and it works, only paid $20 canadian for shipping on my sparks exhaust, air filter ....
good luck!

Quad18star
01-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
Greg to save on duty make sure the items are sent USA priority mail(express post in Canada) and set the value for the items lower, and make sure he says the items are either warrenty or testing products...
the only thing is if they were to get lost your insurance value will be lower!!!!
this is what i have always done and it works, only paid $20 canadian for shipping on my sparks exhaust, air filter ....
good luck!

Nice ... I'll try and remember that for next time .... he was sending the stuff out yesturday threw US Postal Service . Maybe he put the price of the stuff lower for me so that I don't get bent over backwards and rapped .

I know when my dad bought an air filter for his car ... the duty , tax etc etc was more than what the price of the filter was . :ermm:

brian-250
01-19-2005, 03:42 PM

DITTO!:D

Thump_It
01-19-2005, 03:50 PM
Here's what the graphics look like . Mind you , this picture has been photoshoped ... the bike was originally blue .. but the graphics weren't altered .
http://img86.exs.cx/img86/9826/yfz450.jpg

Here They are unaltered on the blue .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p37ec217755cd8723f7b7d00e69bd4212/f676ae65.jpg

Does your photoshopped pipe say G A Y????:confused:

Quad18star
01-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Thump_It
Does your photoshopped pipe say G A Y????:confused:

LOL ... yes it does ... we can thank a fellow site member for it ... I don't remember which one photoshopped it for me though . :p

yoshz400rider
01-19-2005, 06:23 PM
GTthunder is awesome I havent gotten my stuff back yet but he answers all my questions lets me know about everything here i find out my shocks were completely dead so he fixed me up with some new linkage and is revalving the rear stock the works one is goin in the garabge. I also got the motor bored to a 440 i hope this works good as far as service goes Laz can not be beat.

exriderdude
01-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Laz and his family are super nice ppl, ive had the pleasure of spending some time with them, but ive lost contact awhile ago.

i see GT is getting to be a big deal now ^^. i remember when it was just the local fast guys sportin the GT tag, now its the nations top pros, thats gotta tell ya something ;) :D

Rico
01-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by exriderdude

i see GT is getting to be a big deal now ^^. i remember when it was just the local fast guys sportin the GT tag, now its the nations top pros, thats gotta tell ya something ;) :D

He helped keep Ballances motor running all year with no DNF's, besides it over heating at the ironman, which isn't an engine builders fault.

sharkinthepool
01-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Lazurus is top notch. You cant go wrong. NO he will not screw you, even if you are Canadian. Laz is by far one of the best, and his motor mods he came up with and the engines he builds for the 400ex are un-beatable.

You call him and talk to him and believe me he knows his sheet. He will do EXACTLY what you ask for.

Quad18star
01-20-2005, 02:28 PM
The wait is on , to see how long it'll take both US and Canadian Postal Services to get the Kit to me . I'm guessing I ain't gunna see it until Tuesday or Wednesday next week . Ah well .... Not like I'm gunna install it in -30 Celcius weather anyways . :p

Quad18star
01-28-2005, 01:51 PM
It's been nearly 2 weeks and still no Graphics Kit . I hope it didn't get lost on the way here . :(

Rico
01-28-2005, 02:10 PM
It's been nearly 2 weeks and still no Graphics Kit . I hope it didn't get lost on the way here . :(

I"ve been working with the graphics guy that makes the GT Thunder kits and he's REALLLLLY behind right now. Just hold your horses...:D

AtvMxRider
01-28-2005, 02:12 PM
( sorry I dunno your first name) .

it's Fat

Quad18star
01-28-2005, 03:19 PM
I"ve been working with the graphics guy that makes the GT Thunder kits and he's REALLLLLY behind right now. Just hold your horses...:D

Ahhh Ok ... I was under the impression that the kit was in stock . S'all good ... not like I'm gunna install it in freezing cold weather anyways . :p

Quad18star
01-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
it's Fat

Oh Oh ..... Jerry you're going to jail ... and this time it's not even cuz you're black . ;) J/K

NacsMXer
01-28-2005, 05:33 PM
If you ever need to do have motor work done in the future, you know Laz will be your man in that department too! I honestly am amazed at the motor he built for me, gave my 400 a whole new set of balls. :devil: I surprise the guys on the new 450's all the time. I once again thank Rico for recommending GT Thunder when I was looking to have my 440 reworked. At first I really had not heard of them before, but like others said, their good rep is starting to spread. Laz's work and image are top drawer no doubt! :cool:

03400EX_Nacs
01-30-2005, 12:12 AM
how do you go about ordering the graphics from them?

brian-250
01-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
how do you go about ordering the graphics from them?

call;)

Quad18star
01-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Well I got my kit in today .... looks good . I can't wait for it to warm up so I can put it on . Thanks Laz !!!!

Predy500
01-31-2005, 11:13 AM
and how much did it cost total with shipping

Quad18star
01-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Predy500
and how much did it cost total with shipping

The kit was $75 , plus a almost $15 shipping and handling . Came out to a little less than $90 .

BUT because I live in Canada , convert the $$ , it ost me $109 for the kit and $21.42 duty fees . So total when I get my Visa bill should be like $130 or somethign Canadian dollars .

Quad18star
02-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Can someone photoshop the Blue YFZ on the 2nd page , and turn it's frame red PLEASE !!!!!