View Full Version : Insurance Claims

JOEX
01-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Had a little fender bender this morning, the roads were icy. I was stopped at a light and this guy made, well tried to make the turn and ran into my door causing a minor dent about 14" long and 2" wide, didn't scratch the paint.

We exhanged info and I called my Ins. co. and started the process. After thinking about it for awhile the damage is minor and I don't really want to pay the $500 deductible, I don't know if I have to though.

The guy called me and wants to pay cash for the damages which I have no problem with. He just found out his insurace has lapsed, his girlfriend didn't pay it.

Is it possible to stop the process so we can leave the ins. co's out of it?

alimdar2times
01-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Just call your insurance company back and let them know that you have decided to handle this in a civil fashion, rather than involving the companies. Tell them what you stated here - that you decided to handle it between the two of you, and that should be it, end of story (hopefully).

JOEX
01-15-2005, 08:03 PM
The actual claims adjuster will be calling me on Monday and I plan on telling her that I don't want to persue the claim. I'm just hoping they will be ok with that and the incident wont go on either of our driving records.

alimdar2times
01-15-2005, 08:05 PM
If one-time wasn't involved and no tickets were issued at the scene, then I'd say you've got nothin' to worry about.

Aceman
01-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I heard the Portland area is getting some pretty bad weather lately. I think if you told them the accident was minor the insurance company probably wouldn't pursue it.

YZ400EX
01-16-2005, 02:38 AM
I would definately call your insurance company and let them know you have decided to drop the entire thing and deal with things between the 2 of you..being as he does not have insurance, your insurance company would cover the damages thus making your insurance rate go up..I would definately call them, call it off (if possible) and settle with the guy in cash..It would be in your best interest..JMO

bulkdriverlp
01-16-2005, 05:08 AM
yea just take the dudes money and foret bout the claim. ur insurance will go up if ya make a claim prolly

JOEX
01-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys. I do want to drop the claim, i'm not sure if the insurance co. will let me since I already started the process.