PDA

View Full Version : dont have suspension for race

ESR250R
04-26-2002, 10:20 PM
well i called elka (direct) on the 15th of last month (6 weeks ago) and placed a order for my front and rear shocks. when i placed my order he said everything looked good and he would have them out to me in 2 - 3 weeks. i figured cool i would have my suspension a couple of weeks before my race. so after 2 weeks he tells me that my fronts are almost done and my rear has just got started on and i should expect them 2 weeks before the race. i call a weeks later to hear the same story. a week later i called again and he told me that i will recieve my fronts by tuesday before the race (race was on a sunday). i figured well fronts are better than nothing. well i just got the phone bill so i decided not to call this week and instead e-mail him. i got his e mail and tried to email him but got no response. i called them today and he wasnt in so i asked the lady to have him call me back and got no response. so i am getting no response from them and now i have to get my ***** kicked by my beat up 16 year old suspension. anyone else have this kind of trouble getting there suspension?

ps hey jeff (from quadshop) could u pm me with a price and a estimated delivery date for triple rate fronts (with ssd and adj. compression) and dual rate rear with full adjustability for a 86 250r

DiceMan400
04-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Why dont you just go to a shop and pick them up your self?????
I never rely on an internet shop to deliver them to me...... If you go to a dealership they get parts way quicker than me and you can get them........ Yeah you will pay a few more bucks, but dont you think its worth it????? I know I do....... The longest I ever waited for parts was one week....... I will never order from a company on the internet....... Too much trouble and it becomes more of a headache than anything...... You are supposed to have fun doing these things not being peed off because you dont have the parts in time......

PsychoDave
04-28-2002, 01:18 PM
i got my custom ELKAS from C&D racing. It took 8 days to get them. They are an internet company and no probs. By the way I have never had a prob with an internet company...in fact I got a group order together with my friends and ordered from an internet company...i got all the parts and supplies and they NEVER billed my card. (I feel kind of bad that they never charged me). Oh well looks like we made out!!!

PsychoDave
04-28-2002, 01:18 PM
Oh yeah.....over the internet you DONT PAY TAXES!!!

DiceMan400
04-28-2002, 04:25 PM
I guess it all depends on who you go through and what the place has in stock at the time........ I know that I have never had a smooth transaction via the internet....... I know you pay alittle extra when you go to a shop but I think it is worth it....... I never have to wonder if my parts are comming in time or not..... I wish I had the luck you did PsychoDave..... LOL..... Oh and the place I go to gives me 15% off but not everyone is as lucky as me I guess...... Hey dave where in NJ do you ride????? I have a few spots that are good and the police are pretty cool about letting us ride....... You are welcome to ride with me and my buddies any time...... It would be cool to get some of the NJ riders on this forum to have a day out in the pits or whatever.....