PDA

View Full Version : 450R..this price good?? And vs. KFX400

PADZZ
01-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Was just quoted $6174 for a black 2005. Also quoted 5,500 for a 2005 KFX.
First, is that a decent price on the R, and do you think it's really worth more $600 more than the Kawi? I'll be losing electric start, reverse and $600. I was thinking YFZ too, but they seem a bit cramped for me and at $6,700, I don't think so! The dealer is also a Polaris dealer and was telling me I should look hard at the Predator. Saying it's faster than the R, has reverse & since I won't be racing it professionaly, or atleast not in any organized events. Wahddya think?

mikes450r
01-15-2005, 12:06 PM
im not to sure about the predator being faster seeing its about the same weight as the raptor..and stock for stock the r is faster than the raptor...that price out the door for the r seems pretty good...You can probably get the 04 for like 5400-5600 out the door...as for the kfx theres no comparison to the r...and electric start and reverse are just more problems than you need...you can 180 the r sitting in the same spot...

PADZZ
01-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Well, looking a bit more into the situation, they quoted me the 2005 Predator at $5,250. That's not bad. That's the Troy Lee version too. Is there anything really wrong with the Predator? Already comes with a decent suspension and nice Razr tires. 'Bout $1000 less then the R. Hmm....What say you??

btlblwnracer
01-15-2005, 03:04 PM
bought a 03 pred right when they came out , it's not a bad qaud but i love my R waaaay more that i liked the pred , had alot of goodies on the pred including the boondockers nitrous system , and in the 300ft sand drags the 450r is .1 seconds (a qauds lenght) faster then what my pedator did on the juice using the same paddles.the predator is not a bad bike and depending on your buget and might be a good choice , but if you can afford 450r get it , it's alot better bike in my opion.

brif
01-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Well first ya gotta make yourself happy. If a lower payment is gonna do it, get the pred. I have no first hand knowledge of the pred other than some of the problems some have had with the first ones. The price quoted for a new 05' is pretty cheap. I had a z before my r. I liked it alot and would like to own another someday.
The r would be my choice out of the three. Sure no e-start or reverse which the others have. If you never had either before you won't miss it. If you had e-start and/or reverse before you won't miss them anymore after about the third ride.
If money permits get the r. The quoted price seems livable to me........

PADZZ
01-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks. Another thing I've got to consider is resale, which the Honda is better I'm sure.
I can live without reverse no prob. It would just be nice at times, no one can argue that.

I'm still up in the air. I can't believe I'm even considering a Polaris..:huh
I'll never be in an organized race, never beon a track. SO.....