PDA

View Full Version : elka link axis shock?

fasterz
01-15-2005, 10:41 AM
ive asked this before and still havent gotten an answer, can i run an axis rear with the elka LT linkage? or will it bind up or hit the link or somethin? if it fits it would need revalving right? i dont really wanna call elka and ask um about axis shocks if ya know what i mean, their nice people i dont want to insult them

Colby@C&DRacing
01-15-2005, 01:58 PM
THe valving will need redone along with the spring rate. They also my be designed to use a different length of shaft which will change the stroke.

beak7707
01-15-2005, 04:17 PM
It works a guy I know ran it on his GNCC quad last season.

ajr400ex
01-15-2005, 09:16 PM
The Elka link is designed to be used with the Elka shock as Colby said, the shaft travel may be different. If you want to use an Axis shock, I would look at the GT Thunder link. If you are going to spend the money, buy something that is designed to work together. There is alot of work put into the design of suspension components so they work correctly.

fasterz
01-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ajr400ex
The Elka link is designed to be used with the Elka shock as Colby said, the shaft travel may be different. If you want to use an Axis shock, I would look at the GT Thunder link. If you are going to spend the money, buy something that is designed to work together. There is alot of work put into the design of suspension components so they work correctly.

there is no stroke difference, when you do the LT link conversion all elka sends you is the spings and the link to be used on your already purchased elka rear shock.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-16-2005, 12:54 PM
I know that elka does not change the shaft lenght but I was talking about the posssible difference between the axis and the elka

fasterz
01-16-2005, 02:41 PM
well i went ahead and got the axis, i have axis up front and i wanted to run matching companies since elka and axis are kind of battling companies i didnt really want to have one of each shock on the bike. They said they roccomend the houser linkage but they said they know alot of riders who run the elka linkage with their shock. plus i got a killer deal on it that elka woulnt be able to touch so im excited. should be here within 2 weeks, doesnt look like im gonna make the builder of the year comp, i knew i woulndt win but i wanted to see if id get ne votes, im still tryin to make the deadline though