PDA

View Full Version : affects of foward plus arms 450r

cady#1
01-14-2005, 09:20 PM
I want to know the affects of foward a-arms. I like the feel of the light front end, but would like it to feel more planted at faster speeds. My question is this, would foward a-arms make the front end fell heavier, and having the adjustable a-arms I would be able to make the sterring more planted, right? Need some help on to set up my 450r for Xc this year. I was thinking .75 foward a-arms and see where that puts me. Thanks

Out_Sider
01-14-2005, 09:47 PM
if i remember correctly it will actually make your front end even lighter

bradley300
01-14-2005, 10:34 PM
its transferring weight farther away from the center of the quad thus, making more leverage, wich makes it heavier. foward a-arms will make the quad more stable (front to back) so it sounds like they would accomplish what your after

redrunner
01-15-2005, 05:59 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108572

Not sure about the "balance" point of the R but this is one of the threads I got involved with when asking that question..enjoy

;)

Colby@C&DRacing
01-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Lengthing the bike will help the high speed stabilty but foward arms will lighten the frontend. It move the weight bias more to the rear. If you really want the benefit go foward on the arms and lengthen the swingarm