PDA

View Full Version : spark plug

zdude400
01-14-2005, 03:16 PM
how do i change my z400 spark plug :confused:

DaleJrFan
01-14-2005, 04:14 PM
if you bought new it should have come with manual on how to do that, if not just remove the plug wire and get a 5/8 spark plug socket,ratchet and you can figure the rest out.

zdude400
01-15-2005, 12:05 AM
i know but have u seen a z400's head it is like impossible to get to the plug i barely got the wire of
i bought it used it didnt come with a manual

quad
01-15-2005, 09:59 PM
If it didnt come with the plug wrench,its going to be hard.Mine didnt come with one(used).I just changed it when I got it,as I was cleanin it up and had it tore apart.Now that I'm doin a winter rebuild,I'll change it again........just to save a pain in the *** later.
Take the front plastics off,and the gas tank,makes it easy.Ya should try to get all the dirt around the plug outta there before removing the plug.Stick a rag wet with water or simple green over the edge of a screw driver to reach down in to remove the dirt.This will keep the dirt from fallin in the engine.Hope that helped ya.:)

js3350z
01-28-2005, 08:34 PM
you should try to get one of the t handle type plug remover (with long side screw driver) I don't know about that quad but where I work (small engine repair shop) we take the grinding wheel to 5/8 spark plug wrench to trim it down (i am assuming the thickness is your problem) then to unscrew it (once you crack it loose) take a piece of gas line and wedge it onto the end of the plug then unscrew (if you are impatient like me and don't want to be turning the ratchet a few clicks at a time):ermm:

if those wheren't your problem I am sorry that is what people typically have trouble with where I work

hope it helped