PDA

View Full Version : A/F setting with HRC kit question

turboTony
01-14-2005, 02:44 PM
With the full HRC kit and no other motor mods, what do you set the A/F screw to?
I believe it's all the way in and then 2.5 turns out. Correct?
Also, can this be done with the carb still on? It's seems kind of tight.
Running REALLY rich the way it is now. Plug is carbon fouled pretty bad.
Thanks

KEVIN
01-14-2005, 06:30 PM
what main you runnin i did not adjust that screw at all read the directs!

turboTony
01-14-2005, 08:33 PM
I posted that for a friend so I'm not quite sure on the details...
Thanks anyway though. I'm sure he'll see this.

2004TRX450R
01-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Yes you can do it with the carb on. Start up the engine and get it completely warmed up. Go ride it for a few minutes to make sure it is completely warm. Then adjust the screw to the point it raises the idle the most then readjust your idle with the idle knob. That is the proper way to adjust the pilot screw. It meters fuel only not air so it is just a fuel screw. So out mean richer in mean leaner. Just because the plug is black does not mean it is adjusted wrong. You can't just ride around for awhile and check the plug and say the pilot screw is rich or the main jet is rich. You need to install a new plug go right out and do a plug chop where you run it hard WOT in 4 or 5th gear for a few second then hit the kill switch before you let off the throttle. Pull the plug and see what it looks like. That will tell you what the main jet is doing. Do the same thing with another new plug just at half throttle to see what the needle is like and the pilot screw is just adjusted as I described above.

turboTony
01-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Thank you VERY much. That is what I wanted to know. :)