PDA

View Full Version : what is the right quad to get?

09-05-2001, 06:30 PM
I have a thred in the forum asking what to get for 500 bucks on my 400ex and want to no if i should sell her and get something like the banshee ot a 250 r or a mohave or something like that . I was wondering what would be the bes choise .Oh yea like i said in my other thred i like lots of power. Well thanks for the help:devil

nakomis0
09-05-2001, 07:02 PM
Get a Banshee it has plenty of power, its out dated, front heavy, and the shocks suck....but its got power.

09-05-2001, 07:06 PM
I dont no if i should sell my 400 i mean i really love that maching it is noce on trails and alreight has decent power but i dont no if i should dume all the money into it. and i dont i would trade the front heave anf the bad shocks for power.:devil

Guy400
09-05-2001, 07:10 PM
Yoi shoyld swll your 400 ang by a Shee.

Sorry, dude, don't mean to bust balls but that is some of the worst, most incoherent typing I've seen in a long time.

09-05-2001, 07:13 PM
Yea sorry for the typeing i was rushing and had a **** load of im comming at me so i didnt remember to do a check.:devil

09-05-2001, 07:13 PM
if powers all u want then i agree. get a banshee. i spent some time riding one last weekend and they dont jump near as good as my 400 but they got twice as much power on the top end. and they'll spin on a dime. sometimes thats good sometimes thats bad. their front end is way too heavy, but on the other hand that makes them better at hill climbs i guess. and they'll fly too. extremely fast. just hope your not flying when that throttle sticks. or along way from home when the throttle cable breaks. lol i know 2 people with banshees and both of them have had problems with their throttles. but other than working on it every other day their alot of fun

Warrioreater400ex
09-05-2001, 08:12 PM
yeah, my opinion, if you want power... keep your 400 for a while and then save up for a ds650 or a raptor, both of those have the horses, but if i were in your shoes, id keep the 400 and just fix it up.. because i know some banshee people, they have to spend just as much time workin on them as they do ridin em...... not exaggerating much at all there

3hondas
09-06-2001, 10:43 AM
DS650's pretty much blow.
My cousin just bought one (1st quad). another riding buddy bought one (replacement for a suziki quad runner 160),. neighbor just bought one (1st quad). I have ridden 2 of the 3 of them. They are extermely large and heavy machines. They may get a piped and jetted 400ex on top end in a drag race, but only after my 400 pulls a good bike length gap on them up to about 4th gear. In tight trails you will be waiting for the DS650 mounted riders often, in fact, the DS650 cannot even get back into some of the trails we ride all other quads through because of the trees being close together and tight turns through the trees. The DS650 also is a bear to get out of the mud when it gets stuck, and it is no better than any other sport quad in getting through the mud. For south florida riding, i would take a 300ex over a DS650, all that power means nothing with a bike that big unless you are riding up and down wide straightaways all day.
They also suck for wheelies.

DS650 strong points:
great doughnuts, good speed, but a raptor and banshee will beat you in every category.

400ex all the way, so what if you get beaten in top speed in a drag race, that and the desert is the only place a DS650 will outgun a 400ex.

Wheelie
09-06-2001, 01:48 PM
Keep your 400, you won't have to work on it all the time and you could build it to a slightly modded Banshee level with better suspension.

knighttime
09-06-2001, 02:18 PM
Here is the hot set up. But a 400ex. To make it big and bad do the following: Holeshot tires, aftermarket muffler, k & n filter or unifilter, filtered airbox vents and jet the mofo correctly. If you want to get fancy get a header pipe and some shocks. Now you can run with the big boys (and have the most reliable quad out there). :cool: