PDA

View Full Version : Ebay sucks! You guys heard yet?

Bartman012
01-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Ebay is going to raise their rates 60%!!!! They made over $880,000.00 dollars in the last 3 quarters and they still need to make more. Alot of sellers are gonna bale due to the price hike. I say we all boycott them as well. Every little bit helps. Overstock.com has a decent auction setup. I'll be going there. What a joke, I don't mind a small increase but 60%? What do you guys think?:grr:

Wayne64SS
01-14-2005, 12:17 PM
that is quite unheard of. 60% they better GIVE me money back if i ever have a bad transaction plus $$ for my time. 60% is just silly

tamehart
01-14-2005, 12:44 PM
The price increase will push for only larger items to be sold. You can't list and make money......start a bid at 99 cents and you have to pay like 75 cents with one extra picture. They rule the market though.

Flynbryan19
01-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Well, so much for ebay for me......... :(

01-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
Well, so much for ebay for me......... :( i have over 1000 transactions from buying & selling on ebay but I think its all over for me now..life with out ebay will be expensive but u have to pay the price either way it looks like

jetek1
01-14-2005, 01:55 PM
I think ebay sucks anyways. the only thing you can sell is junk on there. If your trying to sell new stuff at a discount price, people still think its to much. You can't even try selling a new part at dealer price and people still think thats to much. So how are you going to make money if there going to up there prices.:grr:

01-14-2005, 04:51 PM
hmm..u expect to sell a new item to someone for retail price when you arent a retailer :p ...go see if you can sell it to someone on the street by yourself for somewhere close to retail, i doubt you can. Ebay was a nice way to get rid of things you had lieng around including new items:rolleyes:

spincr4hire
01-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Paypal's fees suck, too

jetek1
01-14-2005, 10:03 PM
I am a retail company, that does sell parts. so I know how much other companys are making on stuff that there selling on ebay. Let me just tell you, I could not make a live off a dollar or two selling parts. If ebay ups the fees, that will cut into that dollar profit.

lukester720
01-15-2005, 03:51 AM
So whats up with paypal? I like it except for the crazy fees, I set up a business account and they kill me on fees! One of my recent deals I received 592 dollars and paypal charged me $17.47, thats freakin' stupid!:mad:

MMS
01-15-2005, 06:09 AM
Dose any one that uses pay pal Also have a Regular credit card account if so then they realize that 2.9%+$0.30 isn't to bad Now to have Credit Card Merchant account you must Purchases a CC machine or get charged to do Phone verification plus X amount for a maintenance fee and around 3-3.6% on the dollar...Now who's screwing who....Plus just think of the sales you would loose by not having The Pal Pal account...It's all about ease of payment and security for your customers....I deal with Off and On road Motorcycle parts every day but do not sell on E-bay and do A couple thousand dollars worth of sells a month through Pay Pal. Plus other methods And that 2.9+0.30 is just figured in to the cost of parts and S&H....Most people that deal on E-bay Charge way over what the actually Shipping is just to cove the added cost of E-Bay charges and Payment charges....

jasson450r
01-15-2005, 07:47 AM
why not post your parts here and like 450r.net for sale, then you get around ebay, granted its more one on one between buyer and saler but, i would rather do it that way.

FTR250Rnif
01-15-2005, 09:51 AM
thats rediculous!:eek2:

2004TRX450R
01-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Some things are 100% more with their new priceing. It's rediculous. They make a ton of money as it is now they have to double the price on a lot of their stuff! I sell diesel performance parts and use ebay some and it get's spendy trying to make a buck and then all the added fees. Paypal takes a pretty good chunck too. The majority of my transactions go through paypal and as stated above on a 600 purchase it is about $17.00 out of my pocket. I hate to raise prices as I like to sell stuff as cheap as possible so I can give the buyer the best price possible but it's hard to do when what little profits you may make get eaten up by ebay and paypal. I hope they loose a ton of business but I guess even if they do they'll still probably make more money from the price hike.:mad:

PADZZ
01-15-2005, 10:44 AM
When does this start? I better get on the ball cuz I got tons of stuff I gotta get on there.

jasson450r
01-15-2005, 02:46 PM
why not post them here and on 450r.net? put the price you want for it?i sell all my stuff this way.

lukester720
01-15-2005, 06:03 PM
In the example I gave above I charged 17 dollars for shipping and the paypal was more than that. I just don't want to have to pass these horrible charges on to the consumer, that is just horrible!:( I'm new to the retail scene, and the paypal seems to be the most convenient but the should just have a small set fee on purchases over a certain amount. I'm sure you guys know what I mean....

DirtDevilBT
01-15-2005, 08:40 PM
And what do they do to deserve more money? Are they giving me more useless features, more protection? NO. They are pulling the same sh*t this parking lot I use does. Up the prices to PARK, their lights don't even work, costs too much to use electricity. I pay 10 dollars a day to park, it's a parking lot for heaven's sake.:mad:

drthrottle
01-15-2005, 10:55 PM
b.s. i'll see y'all later on ebay. that stuff is stupid. someone step up.