PDA

View Full Version : need help with my x-33 axle

infinite
01-14-2005, 09:15 AM
ok i just got my x-33 and i wanted to see who had this and if they do are they suppost to be this heavy there so heavy i dont know how other axles feel but this one is so heavy i even got the aluminam hubs. i also would like to know how this thing goes to is it hard or pretty basic i know i can do it either way but im getting some input to see if i actually want this axle or if i should take it back and get different kind. i like to jump and i dont see where this will benifit with it being so heavy but i have to yet take off the stock and match it up to compare them. also i thought this one was the most ajustable but there only ****en 2 settings. if u guys can please give me some input cause i dont know if im just over reacting or what cause i have yet to put anything on. i heard this is suppost to be the best axle money can buy i heard that from so many people they just say its to expensive.

Raptorride
01-14-2005, 09:21 AM
I thought the x 33 was supposed to be one of the lightest out there.

infinite
01-14-2005, 09:53 AM
thats what i was told to but it is so dam heavy its not even funny and i didnt even have the brake disc on yet or anything i swear it must weigh atlest 40 lbs isnt that heavy for a axle??? **** my race cars axles are lighter then that

tamehart
01-14-2005, 10:15 AM
I have a brand new X-33 and I have used them on my MX 250rs. I also have the aluminum hubs. All X-33 axles only have two adjustments. I never had a problem with the weight. I feel it is one of the best axles I have used. The only other one I thought was better was my RPM. I don't think my X-33 was that much heavier than my LSR. When you get your stocker out, weigh them and let us know the differences.

mikes450r
01-14-2005, 10:56 AM
i just mailed my stock axle and im pretty sure it was 14 pounds.

zowdy
01-14-2005, 11:00 AM
teh x-33 usally weight around 11 lbs.i'm not sure about the one you have but as a generalrule d.b. keeps the x-33 around 11.

infinite
01-14-2005, 11:00 AM
yeah i will do that tame thanks guys for the info. i jst wanted to see if there was a better axle to buy or if i should just stick with this one. it is my first time buying a axle and of course just like all of us i want the best. i just heard alot of good things about this axle and alot of people recomended it to me but when i got it was just so surprized that it was so heavy and i was wondering if all after market race axles weigh that much or about the same.

speedfreaksguy
01-14-2005, 11:13 AM
I always recommend LSR or RPM over Durablue. I have seen two of those billet hubs break and DB wouldn't warranty them. I didn't have any problems with the axle though. I believe that the warranty from LSR is much better than the DB warranty.

zowdy
01-14-2005, 11:28 AM
i run durablue,but i would recommend rpm.durablue due to a private company sponorship only.i've seen a few dura's break(snap),during moto's.

exrider44
01-14-2005, 11:46 AM
anyone use that new gforce axle is it any good?

kssandduner
01-14-2005, 02:05 PM
I have one sitting in my bedroom!! Its going on my bike after I get my frame back from the powedercoater. It looks like a quality product to me. I don't do any hard core racing, so I think it should work perfect for my application.

Joe

trost66
01-14-2005, 08:23 PM
I had a dura blu and snapped it. They said they would give me one free one and I would have to pay 175 for the next one. I put the new one on and it is already bent. I think I am going to go with rmp