PDA

View Full Version : Matt Smiley Factory rider for Polaris

hootie
01-14-2005, 06:31 AM
I just read on the GNCC website that Matt Smiley will ride a modified Predator 500 and be factory backed by Polaris. What does everyone think of that?

bman9
01-14-2005, 06:43 AM
thats really good for polaris. polaris really screwed up by not working with rath.

Bustin_beadz
01-14-2005, 07:07 AM
Nothing against Rath but maybe Polaris wanted a rider that is closer to winning races.

JenniferRath
01-14-2005, 07:57 AM
gee thanks and here I was proud of Daryls two Nationals wins and and his international championship on the predator:eek2:

Congrats to Matt and his contract from what we have heard about the guy he will continue to make Predator owners proud, we wish him the best of luck!!:)

01-14-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Bustin_beadz
Nothing against Rath but maybe Polaris wanted a rider that is closer to winning races.

apparently you didn't read the article. they wanted to make the switch to a GNCC rider for feed back because that comes closer to simulating the type or riding the average consumer that buys that quad will be doing.

QuadJunkies
01-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by JenniferRath
gee thanks and here I was proud of Daryls two Nationals wins and and his international championship on the predator:eek2:

Congrats to Matt and his contract from what we have heard about the guy he will continue to make Predator owners proud, we wish him the best of luck!!:) Any word on who his Mechanic is ????

Also, does anyone know if hes a member here??? I would like to get in touch with him.... ;)

01-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Yes matt is a member here but I have not seen him online in a long time!

QuadJunkies
01-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Yes matt is a member here but I have not seen him online in a long time! Can you PM me his user name please???Its important... ;) thanks!!!

kickin440
01-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by JenniferRath

Congrats to Matt and his contract from what we have heard about the guy he will continue to make Predator owners proud, we wish him the best of luck!!:)

I was thinking the same thing..:rolleyes: :)
I've never seen anyone else handle a pred like he does
I hope Matt does it the same way. Polaris has made a lot of BIG
improvements in the last few years and I hope they keep it up
I would love to see a lightweight 450 to compete against someday soon.:)

But. I'm glad to see Daryl back on my favorite color though.:blah:

hill43
01-14-2005, 10:44 AM
i am glad to see polaris step up and support atv racing and not just sled racing.

but i am very happy to see Rath on a good bike agian he has all ways been one of my favorite rides and the polaris just slowed him down i know that for a fact he is a lot better rider than i was but we was racing st.louis dome for a clear channel race and he was in front and i was in second and around the long stright i was having to do every thing i could no to run him over so he will be a lot better off racing a real race quad hell just look at the good finish at tulsa ( one of the hardest races on the planet ) .

cody anderson
01-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Congrats to Matt and good luck to Daryl...

All though sometimes I wish Daryl were on a 90cc bike... (just beacuse I have to race against him sometimes...) It's good to see him on a bike that I know will take him to the front even MORE often...

Flynbryan19
01-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by hill43
i am glad to see polaris step up and support atv racing and not just sled racing.

but i am very happy to see Rath on a good bike agian he has all ways been one of my favorite rides and the polaris just slowed him down i know that for a fact he is a lot better rider than i was but we was racing st.louis dome for a clear channel race and he was in front and i was in second and around the long stright i was having to do every thing i could no to run him over so he will be a lot better off racing a real race quad hell just look at the good finish at tulsa ( one of the hardest races on the planet ) .

The 450 kit on the pred just flat out wasn't competative..... :( But he really had a nice ride with the Big bore he had for the open class. The pred could be competative, but in the pro-production class the pred just can't hang.

Reguardless as ya'll said, I'm glad that he chose the road that works best for him.