PDA

View Full Version : swingarm bearings

nelson440
01-13-2005, 08:43 PM
hey i am having one heck of a time gettin my old swingarm bearins out of the swingarm....is there any neat lil tricks i can pull to get em out... i heated up the ar m a lil bit and htat didnt seem to help...any info would be great thanx

400exrider707
01-13-2005, 09:14 PM
I used a real big screwdriver and a real big hammer, than for the one that was fightin me I took the dremel to it. They make bearing pullers but the one I had didn't work too well in the stock carrier.

nelson440
01-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I used a real big screwdriver and a real big hammer, than for the one that was fightin me I took the dremel to it. They make bearing pullers but the one I had didn't work too well in the stock carrier.
yea i might go try that dremel idea...thanx

Rico
01-14-2005, 06:49 AM
Find an old socket that's the same diameter as the bearings, put it up against the bearings and hit it with a hammer a few good times...:cool: Spraying some WD-40 in there before you start beating on it won't hurt.

I did this with my Houser swinger which has twice as many bearings and it worked like a champ.

This is the easiest, fastest and safest way I"ve found to do it.

K_Fulk
01-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Find an old socket that's the same diameter as the bearings, put it up against the bearings and hit it with a hammer a few good times...:cool: Spraying some WD-40 in there before you start beating on it won't hurt.

I did this with my Houser swinger which has twice as many bearings and it worked like a champ.

This is the easiest, fastest and safest way I"ve found to do it.

Thats what I do also.

98red
01-14-2005, 03:58 PM
which way do they come out ? to the outside or the inside of the swingarm.

markk
01-14-2005, 03:59 PM
LOL, I actully use a press! It works just fine for me!

markk
01-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

He is talking about the swingarm pivot bearing, (u are right?) the best way to get your carrier bearings out, is pull the seals out, and the Get a salamander heat, and get it so hot u cant touch it and then just tap it against a peice of wood, and they will just fall out, When u get them both out, ur new ones will just fall right in, Freeze ur new bearings before u start!