PDA

View Full Version : I need big help boys

250r/master3
01-13-2005, 07:46 PM
well if you dont know my case i got my trx450 stolen about 3 months ago and i got the insurance co to pay so im getting about 8500 back. i went to the yahama dealer and was lokkin at the yfz and i dont know i think this time i might got for the yahama. they told me the motor is better the supention the seat hight is lower it really seems like its the better buy SO SAVE ME tell me how good the trx450 is so i can stay with honda. tell me why i should not get the yahama

chris450R
01-13-2005, 08:11 PM
well for one thing you don't even knwo how to spell yamaha:D. so that is one thing. i mean obviously you like honda more because you didn't misspell it once. and another it is honda, RIDE RED!!!

mikes450r
01-13-2005, 08:31 PM
go to the yfz 450 site on here and see how many threads there are about something wrong with them...there not that fast broken down in the garage..

bansheerider29x
01-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Flip a coin and see what wins lol j/p. I would say choose what ever you think is best, its more a personal thing than to ask others.

jeepnrocks
01-13-2005, 09:35 PM
get the yamaha, it will help you to become a great mechanic :)

Martin Blair
01-13-2005, 09:49 PM
the 450r has a softer seat, better front suspension buy far, smoother power, more torque, better reliablility and the big HONDA on the seat.

With that 8500 you can get a 450 for say 5700 arround here get stocks done buy gt thunder for 6 far better then yfz everywhere, and get stage 2 hotcam, 13.8:1 piston, fcr carb and good filter/exhuast and it will kill a yfz.

Clove450R
01-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Find a yamie and ride it for a day the whole day then ride an R I'll bet you buy the R

jmpulse
01-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by 250r/master3
they told me the motor is better the supention the seat hight is lower it really seems like its the better buy SO SAVE ME tell me how good the trx450 is so i can stay with honda. tell me why i should not get the yahama

Preformance wise, both motors are quite equal. The difference in the price of the two, get a cam for the honda. The aftermarket exausts, you are going to get it for either, so that is equal. Even with the cam mod on the Yamaha, both will be equal in power.

Go wth which one is more comfortable to you.

Punk'd
01-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Get the Honda they have had little problems while over in the yamaha thread I see pictures of burning YFZ's like so........
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/z400punk13/03yfzburned.jpg

You boys were waiting for me to post this wernt ya:blah:

proffesor x
01-14-2005, 01:31 PM
i take ny friends yfz off the lineit is anice quad dont get me wrong i ike the reliability of honda, my uncle bought a yfz and it makes alot of engine noise and his header glows orange after an extended perriod of time the quad has t be tuned right out of the box and you the gas is more because you have to use 91 octane it constantly has to be fiddled with

seamonster
01-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I have owned both the yamaha and the honda...2 very different bikes....they dont have the same power and the way the power comes on is completely different...the yamaha is real abrupt..the power is hard-hitting. The Honda makes decent power but it is alot smoother and useable....if you ride motocross, the Yamaha fits that better....Honda is a better trail machine for most people.....but get what you want, not what everyone tells you to get.....and whatever you choose, have fun and be safe..:)

beak7707
01-14-2005, 04:33 PM
I agree with seamonster, it kinda depends how you ride. If you are a MXer I would think the yami would be better. As for XC racing or basic trail riding I think the 450r takes the cake. The yami motor is no better or faster, and the suspension is by no means better. I think you should buy what you want and get the one that best fits your riding style. Maybe you should hang onto your money and be one of the first to own the new zuki!

sammy5x
01-14-2005, 07:07 PM
PM me for info on a new 450R. I will hook you up big time.