PDA

View Full Version : ESR posrting on stock cyl.

Jake250ex
01-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Can Esr do the trx7 porting to stock cyl. Is ESR good porting? Any other reccomendations for low-end with still good top end?

Eddiesanders250
01-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Eddie sanders is the best porting you can get. Eddie sanders specializes in the 250R. Its the most reliable stuff you can get for your R

papatrx
01-31-2005, 03:28 PM
"Eddie sanders is the best porting you can get"

Boy that's a pretty bold statement with so many great engine builders out there.

ESR has a good reputation, but like all small companies that grow quickly they have had some growing pains. When you start doing large volume's there are bound to be some mistakes. Who at ESR is going to do the porting? it won't be Eddie....

Call them and ask them to define what exactly trx7 porting is. Duration changes, port sizes, port volumes, port angles and what kind of torque curve should it produce? At about what rpm does it come on the pipe and what rpm does it flatten out at?

I am not for or against ESR, just telling you to do your homework before sending it out to a total stranger that you will never come face to face with.

You work hard to earn the money to pay for a port job, make sure you get what you want.

#1speedbump
01-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Eddie sanders is the best porting you can get. Eddie sanders specializes in the 250R. Its the most reliable stuff you can get for your R

OK the can o worms has been opened. And the sh1t is deep deep deep.

Yes ESR has quality parts, their port work on the other hand leaves alot of room for improvement. I have yet to talk to a serious dunner who has left an ESR ported cylinder alone. The problem is each motor and rider has their own needs and NO builder can port a cylinder accurately w/o knowing these needs and pairing parts together that optimize eachother.

I am not bashing ESR. I am simply stating my experience around quads especially 250r's. If you really want accurate info on fast motors, visit sites that are geared more towards that.

My favorite for R info is Planetsand.com. They dont specialize in R's, BUT there are alot of guys there who know these motors inside/out and race them continually. If you go there just do a search and be prepared to read for hours.