PDA

View Full Version : Pro Circuit T4 / Quiet Core insert?

Leo
09-05-2001, 06:04 PM
Anyone running a T4 slip on with the quiet core insert?

Did it make the pipe any quieter?

I love the look/fit/finish of the pipe, but it's just a tad loud for the area and I'd like to tone it down a bit...?

(I love the sound, neighbors don't.. and I don't really want to lose any of my already limited riding area)..

Thanks,
Leo

09-05-2001, 06:25 PM
I was also interested in one and if it cut down the power at all.
John

riz400
09-05-2001, 08:15 PM
I have the T-4 slip on and love it. I was not aware of the quiet core insert. Mine has the large end piece with the spark arrestor. When I remove the spark arrstor I can definitley notice a little more power especially on the low end. The downside is the extra noise. Love the pipe and sound but it is on the loud side.

400ex Magnum
09-05-2001, 08:40 PM
Leo

I have the quiet core insert for the T-4. I have only run it while riding in the yard though, so my testing is not all that extensive. It does take away much of the bark of this pipe. You notice it reduces more noise at higher rpms when you are on the gas than when you are just idling. It does reduce the power some, but still better than the stock system. I would say it is somewhere in between the stock silencer and the T-4 without the quiet core insert. I got the quiet core insert from Rocky Mountain for $30. I will try to post pictures tommorow. Essentially, it is just the spark arrestor cone with a metal plate in the middle to reduce exhaust and sound flow. If you were good with the welder, you could easily make your own. Hope this helps.

Leo
09-06-2001, 04:53 AM
It does make it quieter? That's good to know.. I'd appreciate some pics if you have any.. :D

Thanks,
Leo

Leo
09-06-2001, 07:35 PM
OK, ordered the quiet core today and I'll keep everyone updated...

I'm also going to try and take some audio clips of the T4 with + without the quiet core, but I'm not sure how they will come out (I really doubt they will capture the 'thump' of the pipe)

Leo

400ex Magnum
09-06-2001, 07:48 PM
Leo

Attached is a picture of the insert you ordered.

400ex Magnum
09-06-2001, 07:50 PM
Another pic of the side view. I am holding it up to the light to show the metal part inside. Please excuse the backdrop from my current construction project.

Leo
09-06-2001, 08:11 PM

I hope it does the trick!

Leo

inacoma91
09-07-2001, 01:33 PM
Wondering if you done the audio yet?? Did you get that quiet core insert in?? Just wondering if it quiet it down a bit..........

Andrew

Leo
09-07-2001, 06:07 PM
the quiet core won't be here for a week or so..

I'm going to try and fool around with the audio a bit this weekend..

Leo

09-07-2001, 06:56 PM
It sounds like crap!!!

Its easy to install takes away power and noise!!!
its hard to discribe u could like hear the air moving threw the pipe so i took it out!!!