View Full Version : woodland wa mx

hondablue
01-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Just a couple pics from woodlandhttp://www.boomspeed.com/hondablue/Air-Josh.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/hondablue/Hi-flyer.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/hondablue/Josh-jams-through-a-corner.jpg

AndreS
01-13-2005, 12:31 AM
great pics! you know they really frown on pit racing... pic #3 ;)
the pits are too close to the track in spots... if someone blows a corner they can easily hit someone's car.

sand-racer
01-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Who will be at woodland Sunday for the race and what class will you be riding?

Wes See you at the races

PS Andre you better be there!

daddio
01-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Reed will be at woodland, racing:
Blaster expert
2-stroke expert (on his blaster)
4-stroke Am
atv-open
and we will also be at salem on sat.

dirtmomma
01-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Nice pics WOW that really IS the pits?? That is close to the track:eek2: Wish we could make a race but we have raising up & maintenance to take care of :( HEY DADDIO :D long time no see/talk :) Did you see DJ finished out his 1st season onthe 450 in 3rd.....................not too bad for a "rookie" ;):blah: Now we are putting a big bore in the blaster for him to race this spring/summer :) should be fun!! Well maybe we'll see you guys sometime!!! Good luck to all of you @ Woodland!!

daddio
01-13-2005, 08:24 AM
Dirtmomma....... Yes I did see DJ's results......good job!
I bet it will be real hard for him to ride a blaster now......
BTW. I know you guy's are on a budjet..... so I'll offer you a little advice on the blaster........ DO NOT get a "big bore" kit. Take your motor to Woody @ Action Cycles in Tacoma. He does Reed's motors, and for about 1/3 the price of a "big bore" blaster kit, he can build you a 200cc motor that will smoke all 240 "kits". Reed has not raced a 240 yet, that can beat him. And his motor will pull most 250r's.
We are going to the Nationals at Glen Helen, in feb. to race against the National Blasters, so we will see how he does against the "big boys".

dirtmomma
01-13-2005, 08:34 AM
thanks for the info, but we already have the head,cylinder,sleeve we got a good deal on it ;) gonna have my brother do the porting on it, send it to our machinist to have the head decked, & get the piston for it, thats all we are doing, I guess just putting "new" parts on LOL, there's NO way we could send it out I WISH though :)
He actually raced his blaster the last race for the fun of it & had a blast!!! Andy said that was the best competition all year!! He DEFINETLY wants to get more power out of it though :)

daddio
01-13-2005, 09:16 AM
that's great. I just assumed you were buying all new stuff. it only cost us a couple hundred bucks, to have the motor built, and that included welding the crank.
I'm glad you didn't have any problem with DJ riding his Blaster. It took me 3 months to get Reed back on his Blaster, and I had to promise him that he wouldn't have to race against 450's on his blaster any more.

dirtmomma
01-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by daddio
that's great. I just assumed you were buying all new stuff. it only cost us a couple hundred bucks, to have the motor built, and that included welding the crank.
I'm glad you didn't have any problem with DJ riding his Blaster. It took me 3 months to get Reed back on his Blaster, and I had to promise him that he wouldn't have to race against 450's on his blaster any more.

LOL thats funny about getting Reed back on the blaster ;)

Hey I'm curious this may be a dumb ? but ayway, why did you have the crank welded? I know we have to get a new rod/crank we will be going w/ the hot rod like what it has now. A couple hundred bucks ain't bad AT ALL to have it done!! We got the parts from a guy that had it in his blaster but siezed it or something, it's all in good shape though he just wanted it to go back to stock for his girlfriend to ride, all we have to pay for it is a front lowering kit for a 400ex :) so we will either have our welder fab some up or find some for him :D
Do you guys go to Oakwood @ all? just curious DJ wants to go do some scrambles now!

daddio
01-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Dirtmomma......... the "welding" we did on the new "hot rod" crank, is to keep the main pin from rotating in the crank halves. on the blaster, it only needs to be done if it is a very high horsepower/ high compression (190 lbs+) and/or if it's used for mx and big jumps. Reed being the wide-open, big-air kind of kid, I did it to keep from having any problems.........
we raced oakwood last weekend. Most of the races (at oakwood) conflict with other outdoor events, so we don't go there much.
BTW.... Jan 23rd is a "tt" race at wide open sports arena, in renton. the last time they had the TT configuration, Reed tried it, and liked it, so we will probably be there. It's not as big of jumps, as hannegan had, so a "flat track" set-up, will work without destroying your bike.

daddio
01-13-2005, 12:15 PM
did you see Raptorchicks pictures from woodland?
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138932

on page 2 and 3, Reed is the real muddy guy in red, with a red helmet.
he was racing in open along with Kory Ellis. in some of the pictures on the start, Reed is right behind Kory.

dirtmomma
01-13-2005, 02:15 PM
OH man go figure about the TT :( unfortunelty I have a club ride to go on that day, BUT we will hit some of the races there!! I'll have to check Lisa's pics out here in a minute.
thanks for the info on the crank :) doesn't sound like we need that since DJ doesn't do much jumping(he wishes he could) but maybe someday if we ever upgrade the suspension he can, he'll be done w/ the blaster by then I' sure LOL
Yea we've actually had pretty good luck w/ the Wiseco Hot Rod, we put it in 3 yrs ago & it was raced HARD last time we had it apart for a new piston they noticed it was moving around some, & at the last race Ron said he could tell it was losing power just blipping the throttle, we've had such GOOD LUCK w/ that stupid quad thats why we don't sell it!! They take a lickin & keep on tickin ;)
They're having the TT on Sat. too?????? Hmmmmm now maybe we could do that but I doubt it in fact it may be tore down, who knows LOL

daddio
01-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
OH man go figure about the TT :( unfortunelty I have a club ride to go on that day, BUT we will hit some of the races there!! I'll have to check Lisa's pics out here in a minute.
thanks for the info on the crank :) doesn't sound like we need that since DJ doesn't do much jumping(he wishes he could) but maybe someday if we ever upgrade the suspension he can, he'll be done w/ the blaster by then I' sure LOL
Yea we've actually had pretty good luck w/ the Wiseco Hot Rod, we put it in 3 yrs ago & it was raced HARD last time we had it apart for a new piston they noticed it was moving around some, & at the last race Ron said he could tell it was losing power just blipping the throttle, we've had such GOOD LUCK w/ that stupid quad thats why we don't sell it!! They take a lickin & keep on tickin ;)
They're having the TT on Sat. too?????? Hmmmmm now maybe we could do that but I doubt it in fact it may be tore down, who knows LOL
it's flat track on sat.
if your crank is still good, I think woody can put new bearings in it, a new rod, and true it up for around $100 bucks. unless you got a connection to get a hot rod real cheap.

AndreS
01-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by sand-racer
Who will be at woodland Sunday for the race and what class will you be riding?

Wes See you at the races

PS Andre you better be there!

I'm too broke to be racing right now, still recovering from christmas.

sand-racer
01-15-2005, 05:27 PM
racing for the 16th is cancelled. :(

wes

Lokiyfz450
01-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up!!!!

http://www.woodlandmx.com/index.htm