PDA

View Full Version : 300ex rev box..

roostin_dale
01-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Anyone know where i can get a 300ex rev box?

Sparks says you need to send it to them and modify it, i would just like to purchase another aftermarket one....thanks

JDiablo
01-12-2005, 05:22 PM
anywere C&D,the quadshop,rocky mountain got a couple...motojoe

roostin_dale
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
anywere C&D,the quadshop,rocky mountain got a couple...motojoe

well i know that...but what brand MAKES them

Out_Sider
01-12-2005, 07:05 PM
i got a hotshot CDI box from ebay, its red, and i swear it gave the bike alot of good power on top

roostin_dale
01-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i got a hotshot CDI box from ebay, its red, and i swear it gave the bike alot of good power on top

Thanks...I've been running a Sparks box on all my 300's/250's. But i dont have time to get it sent in and worked on this time..

300exrolla
01-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I was thinking of doing this mod to my 300, does replacing the CDI box on the quad make it unsafe? I mean if it removes the rev limit, is there any danger of over reving the engine and doing damage to it or overheating? Sorry, hope I didnt derail this thread, but I wanted to ask..before I break something.

300exrolla:rolleyes:

frosti108
01-12-2005, 09:13 PM
well sure if you remove the rev limiter you may float a valve or somethin...
you just need to know when to let off... dont rev her up to the point where u think she'll explode or somethin...
i floated a valve in mine with no rev limiter... i had nothing but a supertrapp slip on and an airfilter...
just gotta know your quads limits i guess :)

dork
01-13-2005, 12:26 AM
i've got a sparks modified cdi i'd sell if you're interested. it works great

bradley300
01-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by 300exrolla
I was thinking of doing this mod to my 300, does replacing the CDI box on the quad make it unsafe? I mean if it removes the rev limit, is there any danger of over reving the engine and doing damage to it or overheating? Sorry, hope I didnt derail this thread, but I wanted to ask..before I break something.

300exrolla:rolleyes:

yes, you will be able to over rev and float valves. b4 you even get a rev box, you really need some motor work. the peak HP on a stock motor signs off well before the rev limiter kicks in, so if your hitting the rev limiter on a stock motor, your shifting WAY to late anyway. i suggest at absolute minumim a mid-top cam and race porting b4 you even think about modding the rev box. a big bore piston and carb would be even better.

and roostin, laz at gthunder could probably get your box and have it back in the same amount of time it would take you to order something from somewhere else, so i would give him a call. i think the mod is like 75 bucks? way cheaper than a new box, even if the mod takes a day longer

Cody_300ex
01-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Derek u might wanna look at the SRP ones. They sell them at www.magicracing.com I just got one but it was a factory defect. when they send me my new one i tell ya how it works out. I wouldnt get the one from spanks cause it eliminates the rev-limiter completely, and that could cause BIG problems. :(

300exrolla
01-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks guys, guess I wont try that mod until I do some deep engine mods lol. Always good to know the facts before ya break something :devil:

300exrolla