PDA

View Full Version : Dynojet kit...

1fast450R
01-12-2005, 04:51 PM
I keep hereing so much about this jet kit, what is so special about it? What does it come with? Where does it help the most?

450R_lover
01-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Since you've already jetted your R, I'd say its a waste of money for you. I bought it just so i wouldnt have to buy numerous jets to figure out which on to use. It's got a needle, and a bunch of mains for elevation changes. So, if you go to lots of different locations to ride, like in the mountains and or in colder and hotter weather, it might be right for you. But if you dont go travel many places to ride, then i would say its a waste of money.
I used the needle, a main jet, and the instructions and the rest of the kit is now useless.
Later,
Garrett

RedRacer44
01-12-2005, 06:02 PM
If just with a main jet, you feel it runs strong...then I wouldnt bother. Personally, I felt I was laking in throttle response and bottom end even w/ my motor mods. I put a dyno jet kit in and it added major throttle response for me and some gains in the bottom end. Overall, I was happy with the jet kit. It's a temporary fix till I get the 40mm FCR carb.

I'd say its worth the $$$......

1fast450R
01-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys...

DirtDevilBT
01-13-2005, 02:13 AM
Not worth it.

Warrior went up to 150. Went to Glamis, used a friends 157.5 just to ride. The 150 was waaaaay lean.

450r goes up to 180. Went to Glamis, used a friend 198 just to ride. The 180 was waaaay lean.

I now use the needles and both mains are drilled out smaller ones. Even before my warrior was heavily modded it still fell safely uder Dynojets Stage 2. It called for the 150, funny how they give you not a single one larger just incase. They will however sell you individual mains over the phone, but they won't sell a needle. I guess we know where they make their money. I'm just saying, stock 450r main is 118. I heard the Dynojet kit goes up to 180. I figured there shouldn't be a problem knowing ahead of time that there were so many larger. I was wrong. Both times, both quads in stage 2, both failed to supply the right mains.

Warrior with engine mods = 160/175
450r with ST 2 mods = 175/200

450R_lover
01-13-2005, 03:55 PM
And it also comes with a little main jet air plug thing, it goes into the airbox side of the carb. I dont know really know what it does, but i put it in anyway. Does anyone know what this does????
Thanks,
Garrett