PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever think about..

roostin_dale
01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
do you ever think about what you would be doing right now if you never started racing or riding? Sometimes I wish I would have never got that pw80 when i was 7 years old...lol. I put some much time and effort into racing/working these days its hard to live a normal high school kids life. I think I might sell all my stuff after the 05 GNC national season. Its getting very hard and there is so much pressure.

Just wondeirng if anyone else has this same problem, these thoughts have been running through my head for a few months now.

MY450R
01-12-2005, 11:47 AM
ya i would be one bored mofo

Mxjunkie
01-12-2005, 11:53 AM
id probaly do only bmx, which would be extremly boring, im so glad i got into riding

01-12-2005, 11:55 AM
i feel a lot of pressure when i dont ride!

riding my quad helps me get away of a lot of stuff and thoughts, i forget about almost every problem i have in those moments....!!

"don't let racing just turn into a job"
John Natalie JR.

Quad18star
01-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah I've thought about it , and I'm glad I got into riding . My grandfather started me out on his old Moto 4 when I was a wee lil one and it's taken off since then . I've kinda slowed myself down in the last year or so . Between the ages of 14 and 18 I was really big into all the ridding , but then I realized it was taking over my life .

If I wouldn't be riding , I'd probably do what I did before I really got into it all .... fishing and hunting . This year I've told myself I'm gunna lay off riding and working so many hours and focus more on fishing and hunting like I used to do . Now that we have a new cottage , I figured I might as well enjoy it with my parents before I run off and start a family and have no time for anything anymore . LOL :blah:

MY450R
01-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by tony_jackass
i feel a lot of pressure when i dont ride!

riding my quad helps me get away of a lot of stuff and thoughts, i forget about almost every problem i have in those moments....!!

"don't let racing just turn into a job"
John Natalie JR.
ditto

roostin_dale
01-12-2005, 12:08 PM
anyone watched behind the scenes in Huevos 7??

Keith Little says he doesnt want to race and he doesnt enjoy it anymore but he just cant stop.

wilkin250r
01-12-2005, 12:17 PM
For me, riding and racing isn't all that serious, it's just a hobby. But if I wasn't riding, it would be replaced by something. I'd probably have my boat fixed and be water-skiing all summer, and snowboarding all winter. Or I'd spend more time on my windsurfer, or my land sailor. Or sky diving. I've always had some hobby full of adrenaline. If it wasn't riding, it would be something else.

bansheeguy77
01-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by tony_jackass

thats why i love riding so much. not even talking about racing or anything. for me its just an escape from everything. when im up riding in the mts ya can go slow and think/relax or push it or anything. it feels like its just me and trees and some animals i see and thats just so relaxing.
racing is different for me. there its about kicking *** and a lot of pressure and overcoming fears.

Flynbryan19
01-12-2005, 12:46 PM
If I didn't ride/race?

I'd probably be into drugs or something...... All through high school all my friends would go out to partys and get drunk/do drugs every weekend, and I went racing. I have to say it was the best thing to ever happen to me. I'm with ya'll. When I'm riding, I'm in my own world, and everything thats on my mind just disappears and all I think about is what I'm doing at that moment. Its great. :)

exrider360
01-12-2005, 01:32 PM
i would of had more money and i would prolly would of went full out bmx.

acold7dusta
01-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
If I didn't ride/race?

I'd probably be into drugs or something...... All through high school all my friends would go out to partys and get drunk/do drugs every weekend, and I went racing. I have to say it was the best thing to ever happen to me. I'm with ya'll. When I'm riding, I'm in my own world, and everything thats on my mind just disappears and all I think about is what I'm doing at that moment. Its great. :)

thats how i feel except i nvr really raced

brian-250
01-12-2005, 02:55 PM
I dont like to think about it, it has to be one of the funnest sports in the world, there will be a quad in my barn untill the day i die.;)