PDA

View Full Version : Help for a tall rider - handlebars & Rear Suspension

hapychap
01-12-2005, 02:18 AM
I am 6"4 and my back takes strain on my 450r. We mostly ride long trails in the desert and dunes (46 mile track). When the wind has blown it is like riding 46miles of whoops. :(

Trying to get some height on the bars. Have the Lonestar +2"+1" steering stem but it is not enough. Don't want to use spacers (too much flex/play) not that you can on the LS stem.

But lonestar is very expensive and delivery time patheticaly long. Customer service is up the pole too. :grr:

Does anyone know of another supplier/manufacturer who does steering stems for the Honda 450r? :confused:

Second question is on the rear suspension. I can remember reading a few months ago about the link on the rear swing arm connecting to the the rear shock or something. This to give some more travel and a little height? Does anyone now what I am talking about or where I can look? :huh :ermm:

Easy on the abuse people, I am not a techno phobe but sure enjoy riding. ;):p

Jersey450R
01-12-2005, 07:05 AM
sounds like you need a DS650. No i'm playing...um...the GT Thunder makes a great link for your rear. As for the bars and stem, i know a few manufactures make a plus 3 stem. You can add 1 or 2" risors to that plus an anti-vibe clamp. If you want to go even further up, add CR double high bends and you'll be set.

wanta450
01-12-2005, 07:40 AM
you could try the rox 2 inch adjustable handlebar risers made of billet aluminum check them out

Syrus
01-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
sounds like you need a DS650. No i'm playing...um...the GT Thunder makes a great link for your rear. As for the bars and stem, i know a few manufactures make a plus 3 stem. You can add 1 or 2" risors to that plus an anti-vibe clamp. If you want to go even further up, add CR double high bends and you'll be set.

Thats ur answer right there.

hapychap
01-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by wanta450
you could try the rox 2 inch adjustable handlebar risers made of billet aluminum check them out

Thanks,

but who is rox and where to find info on them? :(

hapychap
01-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R

Do not know of CR, where can I look to get more info?

Thanks

hapychap
01-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Thats ur answer right there.

I hope you are not refering to the getting a DS 650?? :eek2:

People want to up grade and go faster not down grade and spend more money on an "inferior" product!!!! :D

Just joking, the DS sits very comfortably but the center of gravity is way to high for our terrain and this is supported by the almost complete lack of product on the ground, Bommies are rarer here than a desert oasis spring. :cool:

Jersey450R
01-15-2005, 05:29 AM
I was joking about the DS650. I'm sure he knew that. I even said it in my post.
Rox risors are actually adjustable risors that can be adj. back and forth. You can find them in a dirt wheels magazine of do a search in your favorite search engine on your computer. Your bound to find a company that sells them.
"CR" means the dirt bike by Honda. Most handlebar companies base some of their models after the CR bars. There are CR bens, CR high bend, and CR double high bends. Look into the "bend" part of alot or handle bars to see what fits you most comfortably.

dn1911
01-15-2005, 10:53 AM
i am using Trail Tech'c clamp set up with the tall Fasst Flexx bars and the total rise is around 2 to 3 inches. you can also use their clamp with their tall bars.

go with the GT Tunder link it is awsome.

Steve-O
01-15-2005, 03:40 PM
try something to lower the foot pegs that always worked for me

roughrider01
01-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Go to www.roxspeedfx.com for the rox risers.