PDA

View Full Version : garage problems,please help

77rigid
01-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Everything in my garage is sweating.I know this is because the weather is changing from warm one day to ice cold the next.I am wondering what I can do to prevent this.I am tired of wiping everything down and hoping nothing is gonna start rusting.Any info with help.

quad
01-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Is the roof vented?I know in a house if its not vented..the closets n such will sweat if theyre along an outside wall.Ya maybe able to put a vent in the wall or somethin???? I dunno really.

77rigid
01-11-2005, 10:13 PM
No vents anywhere in the roof.The overhead door doesn't seal at the very top all the way.The garage is insulated very well,even the door.Is there anything I can do,I thought the better the insulation,the problem would go away,but it is still the same.

MEL
01-12-2005, 06:55 AM
you need to put some vents in either the roof or the end walls above the insulation( as close to the ridge as you can get). that will help alot. are there any vents in the eves?

77rigid
01-12-2005, 10:49 AM
No vents at all.I will try putting some in next week.I will start with one and see how that goes.I am concerned all my heat will escape when I run my heater.I use a kerosene heater,one of those round ones.

JTRtrx250r
01-12-2005, 11:37 AM
ya know...this is gonna sound dumb, but try leaving a light on in there, you might be suprised actually, then again...maybe not

I used to have the same prob at my old house...especially in winter, my uncle told me to leave the light on in there...and it actually helped alot more than I ever thought it would...:confused: I know its a bad time of yr to run excess power..but what can ya do...

77rigid
01-12-2005, 12:13 PM
I am willing to try anything.Thanks