PDA

View Full Version : HMF exhaust question

Punk'd
01-11-2005, 08:24 PM
If I buy a HMF slip-on for now later down the road will I be able to buy the header too? If so can you give me a link or somthing. Thanks alot

Ps. im getting a slip because I need to save some money for now.

I really dont see a diffrence betweek a aftermarket header n a stock one.

dn1911
01-11-2005, 09:07 PM
from what i have heard you have to send the slip-on back to HMF for resizing to fit the header. i would register on their site forums and ask them

1fast450R
01-11-2005, 09:23 PM
They are a big differance in the stock header an the after market...

Jersey450R
01-12-2005, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by 1fast450R
They are a big differance in the stock header an the after market...
dude, the power difference is almost non noticable, seriously. I mean, i'll probably get the head pipe just so i can say i have it and not get bashed up anymore, but i spend the other 200 bucks where it needed it first. if money isnt a matter, get the full system.

btlblwnracer
01-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
dude, the power difference is almost non noticable, seriously. I mean, i'll probably get the head pipe just so i can say i have it and not get bashed up anymore, but i spend the other 200 bucks where it needed it first. if money isnt a matter, get the full system.

well if you go to the hmf web site they give you the specs ,

slip on / full system
bottom 4hp 7tq / bottom 7hp 13 tq
mid 4hp 7tq / mid 7hp 8tq
top 2hp 4tq / top 4hp 7tq

so i guess 3 hp and 6ft of tq on the bottom end would'nt be noticeable :rolleyes: or the 2hp and 3ft of tq on the top , since its almost double that of a slip on .

Jersey450R
01-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Sure the website says that, i know what it says. Thats how they sell their product and make their money. I would do the same thing if i was the HMF dude. Why wouldnt I? I can make double the money on a full system. Not that it dosent make a tad bit more power with the full, but if you dont have a cam, piston, and valve work, your not going to notice the head pipes power anyway.

btlblwnracer
01-12-2005, 08:57 AM
I agree that manufactures are not always honest with there product , but hmf has a pretty good rep. and they did'nt get that buy ripping ppl off and making hugely fasle statements about there product.
Most ppl want the most power they can gat out of there bike , everone wants to be faster than they next guy , even if they don't want to open up there motor , thats why I always say a full system is they way to go , if your on a buget than a slip on is probally for you , but if your worried about the most power you can get than save for a full system , after all we all have to be HP junkies we all did buy a 450R :D

Jersey450R
01-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by btlblwnracer
I agree that manufactures are not always honest with there product , but hmf has a pretty good rep. and they did'nt get that buy ripping ppl off and making hugely fasle statements about there product. :D
I dont know. HMF isnt a site sponsor anymore, they didnt answer any of my questions when they were here, and sold me a slip on with bumps and scratches in my pipe. Not that i mind about that, but HMF dosent have a good reputation with me.

Punk'd
01-12-2005, 01:37 PM
So i have to send it back for it to work? ehh im lost.. and is the slip worth it? Does anyone have one? if so how is it. Thanks for all your help:D

Jersey450R
01-12-2005, 05:00 PM
yes, you have to send it back. the turn around time will probably be around 2 weeks and will run you around the same cost as the slip on. I have to tell you, from stock to a HMF slip on was absolutely night and day.

Punk'd
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
yes, you have to send it back. the turn around time will probably be around 2 weeks and will run you around the same cost as the slip on. I have to tell you, from stock to a HMF slip on was absolutely night and day.

ehh I sure dont feel like doing that.. What else is there thats not to pricey and that has great preformance for a slip-on? That kinda dissapoints me..

01-12-2005, 07:57 PM
iv'e heard good things about the Dr. D slipon...

Jersey450R
01-13-2005, 06:12 AM
one of my buddies just put a Jardine pipe on his and it RIPPPPPPSSSSSSSS!! Dr.D is supposed to be really good, but i have never seen one in person yet. NMotion has an awesome looking pipe. Theres many out there man. Any pipe that has a open through design is going to give you gobs of power. I chose HMF because my friend put one on his 400 and it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then he got a YFZ and put one on there and the same thing...AWESOME. They really do make some great pipes.

Punk'd
01-13-2005, 03:28 PM
one of my buddies just put a Jardine pipe on his and it RIPPPPPPSSSSSSSS!! Dr.D is supposed to be really good, but i have never seen one in person yet. NMotion has an awesome looking pipe. Theres many out there man. Any pipe that has a open through design is going to give you gobs of power. I chose HMF because my friend put one on his 400 and it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then he got a YFZ and put one on there and the same thing...AWESOME. They really do make some great pipes.

Thats what I want but I dont want to send it back to get fitted:(

01-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Thats what I want but I dont want to send it back to get fitted:( you dont need a full system unles you do major engine work...slip on's are FINE! Go with the HMF if you really want one, iv'e seen a yoshimura header & a stock header & they were pretty much the exact same size so I dont see the point of a full system like it is with the 400ex

Punk'd
01-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
you dont need a full system unles you do major engine work...slip on's are FINE! Go with the HMF if you really want one, iv'e seen a yoshimura header & a stock header & they were pretty much the exact same size so I dont see the point of a full system like it is with the 400ex

Thats what I want a HMF but then I have to ship it and my stock header to HMF to get fitted or atleast that is what im hearing and thats not to cool..:(

01-14-2005, 05:33 AM
no....a HMF slip on will !SLIP ON! right to the stock header. Now if you ever plan on getting their full system the slip on will not work with their headers so then you have to ship the exhaust to them. you understand now?

Punk'd
01-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
no....a HMF slip on will !SLIP ON! right to the stock header. Now if you ever plan on getting their full system the slip on will not work with their headers so then you have to ship the exhaust to them. you understand now?

OH im sorry lol I must have misread. Thanks for setting that straight.;)

bigR
01-16-2005, 12:21 PM
go tc arm ripper!!!!
u will love the 2 stroke hit.