PDA

View Full Version : Got tickets to SNL on April 9th

gncc400exxx
01-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I just got an email telling me I had been selected in the Saturday Night LIVE ticket lottery. I've been trying for 3 years to get tickets. You can only sign up in the month of August and they will only take one email request per year, and you cannot pick a date or anything .So I am excited. The tickets are for the live show on Sat. April 9th.
Just checked airfare looks like the wife and I can fly round trip to NYC for under $350.00 so that's not to bad, But I'm afraid the Hotel prices will be a killer.

And better yet the WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON REDSOX will be in town to play the,we're up 3 games to 0 and choke,Yankees.:devil:

So other than the usual tourist stops, I'd like to see Ground Zero, anybody have any cool place that you would recomend checking out, or cool place to stay.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Matt37
01-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Theres so many cool places to see in NY. I live about an hour and a half away for NY and i got there about 5 times a year and i like it. There is so much to see and all. The downside is the traffic, whenever i go in i NEVER take a car always take a train.

I went and saw David Letterman one time that was really really cool.

Ground Zero is cool but there is no much but 2 gigantic holes now. I was there 2 weeks after 9/11/01 and it was amazing looking then the amount of debris was just mind boggling.

Honda4trax250x
01-11-2005, 08:13 PM
yes there is not much left to ground zero but def go see it, it is very interesting, and extremely quiet

also check out central park, believe it or not it is 100% manmade, every tree, rock, river, waterfall was put in artifically but it looks so amazing

DaleJrFan
01-12-2005, 10:21 AM
awesome man, i didnt know the tickets were that hard to get. do you know who is hosting? have fun man!!

gncc400exxx
01-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Not sure who is hosting,yet. Central Park is on the list of things to do. Now just need to find a killer Pizza place.

You can wait in line to get stand-by tickets, but they are not a sure thing, and I really didn't want to go to NYC and not be sure I was going to see SNL.