View Full Version : Need help identifying swingarm and advice on stuck swinger bolt

SixthFloorFreak
01-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Bought a used swingarm for my R from ebay, guy said it was a Laeger. My previous R had what i was told was a Lonestar swingarm, which had two pinch bolts to hold the carrier in. The swinger for my new bike has two pinch bolts as well, and i was under the impression that Laeger had 4. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Of course, i had to try to put the swingarm on tonight, just got it in today, and the inevitable happens - the swingarm pivot bolt is stuck. Any advice on getting this thing out short of beating it out with a big hammer?

Colby@C&DRacing
01-12-2005, 07:40 AM
I feel your pain with the bolt. Use plenty on lube and a rubber hammer, if you mushroom the end of that bolt it will never come out. I have used a torch to heat things up and even had to cut it out before. Good luck.

SixthFloorFreak
01-12-2005, 09:17 AM
my cousin and i got the bolt about half way out last night using some brute force along with some PB Blaster

this morning, the main man - my dad, got it the rest of the way out. when i asked him how, i recieved "if i tell you i'd have to kill ya"

:D

kyex40047
01-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I just got a new Leager swingarm for my 250r it has 4 pinch bolts. What year is yours? I think the earlier modles only had two but I could be wrong.

racerx573
01-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Post a pic, I can tell you.

beak7707
01-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah we will need a pic to be able to help you out.