PDA

View Full Version : Intake boot for a Keihin 38mm PWK

easystroke
01-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Will the stock intake boot work or do I need a different one. Also, what about the throttle cable?

zedicus00
01-11-2005, 10:03 PM
stock intake boot will fit, tip: barrow yur wifes/GF's hair dryer. stock throttle cable can be modded to work if u r proficient with a dremel. otherwise look up motion pro, they make a cable that fits that setup.

JTRtrx250r
01-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Hot water also does the trick, hold it in a pan of HOT water on the carb side...then stuff the carb in and let it cool, gives it a slight memory so its easier to get back on later to, works well for both stock intake manifolds and intake boots

easystroke
01-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Thanks guys, I will give it a try.
zedicus00,
After you mod the cable, will it still work on the original carb incase I wanted to switch it back? The carb its actually for my zilla that is in a million pieces right now.

zedicus00
01-12-2005, 07:28 AM
no its a one way mod, if u hav to buy a cable u might as well buy the one for that carb as it is like the same price as the stocker.

wilkin250r
01-12-2005, 10:55 AM
The stock throttle cable for the 250r has the top of the carb attached to it. However, the top won't fit the 38mm PWK. Not only that, the PWK already has it's own lid, so the modification for the stock cable is to cut the lid off of the cable, which will generally destroy the lid for the stock carb.

THAT is why it is a one-way modification.

edz250r
01-14-2005, 10:17 AM
The only problem with using a new cable vs modding your stock cable is that you still need the cable adjusting hardware that screws into your throttle body, right?? The only end of the cable that the throttle adjusting hardware will slide through is the carb end, right? If there is a way to remove the hardware without modding the cable, let me know! I'm in the same boat as easystroke.

zedicus00
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM
im not sure what u meen exactly but. on a stock cable the adjuster is up on the handlebars. on the PWK carb the lid has an adjuster connector on it. sooo if u use a stock throttle cable and modd it to fit in the PWK carb u get 2 adjusters which is nice. also when u buy a stock cable it has the lid for the PJ carb on it. basically u can sell a PJ carb withought the lid part. if that didnt answer yur question pleese try askin again imma lil thick in the skull.

easystroke
01-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. I put the carb on this evening by putting it in boiling water and it went on pretty easy. I didn't bother with the cable, I just took the twist off my zilla for now. Made a short run up the street in my subdivision and yeehaa!!!! I can't wait to get out and ride this thing.