PDA

View Full Version : 143 Offroad park TN free camping

smr
01-11-2005, 11:59 AM
I was checking out there web page today and noticed they are having a free camping weekend the end of this month.

gooeymax
01-16-2005, 08:16 PM
How is the riding at 143?

smr
01-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Man it's not bad at all. They are farely new so there is not alot of cut trails but the ones they do have are nice. They have trails marked so they are easy to follow. Also they have a 11 mile hare scramble course marked for those hard core XC racers. They have nice hill climbs and they encourage cross country travel..(meaning you don't have to stick to the trails).. They also serve hot meals and have a nice MX track.

We spent 3 days there over new years and never got bored.

01-19-2005, 01:06 PM
how far is it off the interstate exit?

jesshamner
01-19-2005, 01:18 PM
You can see the interstate from the entrance. So I'd say the interstate is no more than 100 feet. They also have a mx track. When I was there at the midsouth, somone said it rivaled Land Between the Lakes in size. The xc course was pretty sweet. Its easy to get there. Head towards Memphis...I think I-40....and get off on exit 143. Turn right onto 13 and its the next right. To get a perspective of how big it is....search for Buffalo, TN in mapquest. It will show the interestection of I 40 and 13. The park is basically from I-40 up to Dyer Rd. I'm not sure how long it is but I know it extends almost back to 13.

smr
01-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Someone told me they have like 2200 acres.

they have a web page.

I think it's

www.143offroad.com

This place is worth checking out.

jesshamner
01-19-2005, 07:37 PM
That sucks Bill. I remember at the Midsouth race on the back side they had clear cut a huge amount of land. It was a little depressing to be honest with you. I think they had mx in mind to begin with anyway. Once the trees are gone....it will be ok for that I guess. Maybe they'll leave the xc course alone so they can still hold races.

02-13-2005, 05:25 PM
dont want to get in the middle of anything but BillF is cool in my book...I talked to him for a few hours about riding and buying one of his four wheelers...very honest guy and if he says stay away from this park that I have wanted to go to then I'll take his advice...good luck 143offroad park

harescrambles
02-13-2005, 08:03 PM
bill fuller ........is wright about the conditions of the trails and the mx track at offroad143, i know because i have been ther allso.
(p_kwilliams1999) why would you post that he's sneaking in after hours, who would want to ride in the dark,,,, maybe you are just trying to make new frends?

02-13-2005, 09:19 PM
appearances sure as hell can be deceiving b/c u have no idea wtf u r talking about...go fix ur mx track and quit posting here

bradley300
02-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
dont want to get in the middle of anything but BillF is cool in my book...I talked to him for a few hours about riding and buying one of his four wheelers...very honest guy and if he says stay away from this park that I have wanted to go to then I'll take his advice...good luck 143offroad park

agreeed. even if bill was wrong, the attutude of this other guiy is enuff to keep me and my friends away. he's not doing a very professional job of resolving an issue

p_kwilliams1999
02-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Well, here it is! Bill I apologize for this whole situation. I no longer believe that you were with the group that was caught tresspassing. They have not been able or willing to provide any proof one way or the other.

I also apologize to everyone here for having to endure this nonsense.

Bill is an upstanding guy as far as I can tell, had I looked into his past before I started this rampage, I would have known that to begin with.

k2-dawg
02-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Fuller is one cool mofo, imo.