PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Round #2

300exHILLER
01-11-2005, 11:11 AM
What day do we actually race? The schedule says March 5-8th.

Johnson
01-11-2005, 12:59 PM
ATV's race on Monday the 6th

300exHILLER
01-11-2005, 01:17 PM
the 6th is Sunday.

Lil - Braff
01-11-2005, 04:09 PM
If it is like last years, whihc it probably will be, Quads practice Saturday and race Sunday. Bikes practice Monday and race Tuesday.

Johnson
01-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Sorry about that I meant to say Sunday

jja125
01-13-2005, 09:58 AM
how do they do the practice day thing? do you just get registered and then you can ride all day or at certain times or what? it looks like they have a practice day at texas race too.

shep
01-13-2005, 10:12 AM
:bandit:you have to sign up first and it cost 10 bucks, there is a time frame that you can ride in ,not sure what the time frame is but it is a couple of hours!!!

markk
01-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Shep is right, If the practice track in Flordia is anything like the one i ran in TX, Ur gona wish u had aftermarket suspension!

I had never had armpump, untill my 2nd lap around the practic track in TX, (It was rough) 04 Gilmer TX was only my 3rd race, and my first national, And after i hit the Practic track, I thought about loading my stuff up and going home! But i stayed, and glad i did, IM HOOKED NOW!

y2k400ex
01-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I raced that same property about 6 months ago. I raced a Florida Trail Riders Hare scramble there. It was whooped out pretty bad, but i is a nice piece of land.

Heres some links to some pics:
http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?shopperid=X5REP50819749MG8DBTCJ5D6 5HBJFFME&userid=jonnyjpeg&gallery_id=107527

WOOLIN
01-14-2005, 06:40 AM
if you are going to practice in flordia you better bring extra brake pads and maybe chain and sprockets. The sand ate them up really bad last year and some guys had none for the race on sunday

jja125
01-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by WOOLIN
if you are going to practice in flordia you better bring extra brake pads and maybe chain and sprockets. The sand ate them up really bad last year and some guys had none for the race on sunday

thats what i was thinkin - i don't even really want to race in that sand. i've never raced down there before, but i know how bad mud & sand can chew things up. even if it doesn't get you down there, unless you scour & grease everything when you get back, it will probably come back to haunt you later on. i'm not really looking forward to doing that to a brand new quad.

jja125
01-14-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey woolin, how fast is that B class? and 4stk B?? i am still debating which class to run this year. i barely made it into the top 10 last year in C class, but i skipped the first three races, tennesse, and i broke down in wisp & kentucky. originally i was thinking about trying 4stk B for this year, but now i'm leaning towards staying in C class and seeing if i can make it into the top 3 for end of year pts. i'm not too thrilled about running in the PM with ballance and borich up my *** all afternoon, especially since i'm now on a 450r that i only have about 4hrs ride time on it and so far i ride it like i'm retarded. it feels nothing like my 400 did, but i don't really want to be a sandbagger either?? i never really paid that much attention to the B classes last year and its hard to compare lap times between the AM classes and PM classes cause the track conditions, weather, etc. are so different. any thoughts?

Rico
01-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by jja125
Hey woolin, how fast is that B class? and 4stk B?? i am still debating which class to run this year. i barely made it into the top 10 last year in C class, but i skipped the first three races, tennesse, and i broke down in wisp & kentucky. originally i was thinking about trying 4stk B for this year, but now i'm leaning towards staying in C class and seeing if i can make it into the top 3 for end of year pts. i'm not too thrilled about running in the PM with ballance and borich up my *** all afternoon, especially since i'm now on a 450r that i only have about 4hrs ride time on it and so far i ride it like i'm retarded. it feels nothing like my 400 did, but i don't really want to be a sandbagger either?? i never really paid that much attention to the B classes last year and its hard to compare lap times between the AM classes and PM classes cause the track conditions, weather, etc. are so different. any thoughts?

If Woolin can race in that class anybody can......:devil:

bradley300
01-14-2005, 09:34 AM
you'll do fine in b class, i think the top few in the class even stay on the lead lap sometimes, so you might never even see the pros. if you do, they'll prolly only lap you once

WOOLIN
01-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
you'll do fine in b class, i think the top few in the class even stay on the lead lap sometimes, so you might never even see the pros. if you do, they'll prolly only lap you once

They usually lap Bradley about 2 or thee times.

79400ex
01-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by WOOLIN

Or do like I did last year, just sign up to race and go threw tech and watch pratice. I stayed clean and had brakes for the race. However, take extra brake pads to replace the one you race with for the next weekend race.

johnson357
01-15-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm just going and watching Shep, Flesh-on-the-hour, Wall, and the Bicknell Mulisha. Throwing beer cans at Shep if it doen't look like he is goin fast enough.:p

shep
01-16-2005, 07:34 PM
:bandit: Shep will be there to represent the Bad Monky Race Team!!!:muscle: :muscle: