PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Riders

Jake250ex
01-11-2005, 10:57 AM
there not much riding going on in our state :( just wondering where some of ytou guys go and if theres anywhere close to Indy to ride. I prefer haspin, if Im going on a serious ride.

400ex28
01-11-2005, 03:52 PM
yeah i know, i usually go to turkey bay in ky

nemeses
01-14-2005, 12:16 PM
wheres turkey bay? I live in louisville, ky

beak7707
01-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Attica is a pretty good place to go.

JohnO
01-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Tukey Bay is down between Barklay and KY Lakes. I've heard it is a good place to go but never been there. There is a place called REDBIRD in Sullivan IN that people are starting to talk about but haven't been there either. We usally go to either Casey IL, Marion IL, or Harrisburg IL, but I live down in Evansville and it is a lot closer for me than it would be from Indy.

nemeses
01-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Johno Thanks for the reply this is my first quad! When i was a kid i had several dirt bikes and rode on my parents land and surrounding area here in louisville. But my folks have moved and im looking for a spot to drop in on with some jumps and trails. So i will need to look into the locations of the places your talking about.

jcsact
01-19-2005, 03:27 PM
We ride several different places here in Indiana and surrounding states. We are planning a ride January 29th at Red Bird. It is actually closed for the season right now but they are going to open it up for us. Sad part is I won't be able to make this ride.:(

Go to www.LincolnCountryTrailRiders.com get on the forums. You will have to sign up to get on the forums but it is free.

JohnO
I live in Poseyville and work in E'ville.

JohnO
01-19-2005, 08:26 PM
I 'm actually out in the country between FT.Branch and Owensville but no one knows where that is unless you are from So.IN. How is Redbird to ride? I heard that the same group that got it off the ground is working with the state to start up Lynnville for riding again. Which would be a good thing to have some trail maintenance done there. If you are ever up for a ride sometime send me a PM and we can go over to Marion IL. www.LEORMC.com and ride. They have some good riding there.

jcsact
01-20-2005, 07:37 AM
Red Bird is a lot like Spurgeon just not as big. It is a good time and the more people we get to go the more likely they are to open the Spurgeon Area back up. The Red Bird group is helping but the local people involved is www.WCRD.org they don't have much on there site but it will tell you what they are wanting to do.

I have never been to Little Egypt. What is it like and how for of a drive.

Do you know a Jeff Smith he lives out around Ownesville not for sure exactly where, but I have rode with him and his wife a couple years ago. I use to do so work with him before he went to Toyota.

JohnO
01-20-2005, 09:29 PM
It's probably about an hour roughly to get over to Little Egypt. They have a better variance of trails over there with some good hills. They have made a new motocross track that will open for riding this spring. It looks pretty good. I saw one Tabletop that looked to be about 100ft. along with some small and large whoops. The trails are marked based on difficulty. They are haveing a district Hare Scrambles over there on Apr.23. If you or anyone else reading this wants to go, send a personal message and I'll get in touch.

Don't know too many people out in Owensville as we have only lived there for about a year.

TRX250X
01-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by JohnO
I 'm actually out in the country between FT.Branch and Owensville but no one knows where that is unless you are from So.IN. How is Redbird to ride? I heard that the same group that got it off the ground is working with the state to start up Lynnville for riding again. Which would be a good thing to have some trail maintenance done there. If you are ever up for a ride sometime send me a PM and we can go over to Marion IL. www.LEORMC.com and ride. They have some good riding there.

One of my old roommates is from Ft. Branch. He works for Agrigold as a salesman now.

MX_Racer_20
01-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Anyone know when the dnr side of Spurgeon will be open. They had a sign saying when it would be but i don't remember when it said.

Lil - Braff
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
LBL is an AWSOME place to ride! I think so anyway! Prolly one of my fav. places to go. We also go to Haspin some but we mostly go there just for the xc races. Anyone else race there?

Badlands (in IN) and Big Rock (in KY) are other places cool to go. This Saturday we're going to Bucks Run in Bedford, KY if anyone else wants to go. Haven't been there in a while but last I can remember... it was a pretty cool place. We'll be getting there between 9-10. Anyone wants to go.. let me know and I'll get ya some directions.

jcsact
01-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by MX_Racer_20
Anyone know when the dnr side of Spurgeon will be open. They had a sign saying when it would be but i don't remember when it said.

It will be a while. I hope to have some mor einfo in the next couple of weeks.

kbh78
02-04-2005, 08:23 PM
I recommend land between the lakes too. I have been going there for years and its one of my favorites. I also recommend Attica and Haspin Acres there both fun riding and you can camp at both of them. Just watch the forecast if you are going to Haspin Acres that place is a mud bog after it rans trust me I raced in it and I didn't have that much fun. I about forgot I recommed St. Joes in Misouri decent riding but good camping