View Full Version : camber setting?

Leo
04-25-2002, 08:50 PM
Hi guys,

I'm in need of some help here.. The bike is 99% back together, planning on breaking it in Saturday.. Problem is I'm adjusting my camber, and I have no idea where to set it..?!?

Did a quick search of the forums, all I could find was 5/8 to 3/4 in at the top, but that was for long travel A-arms...

I've got it set at about 1/2 in. in at the top right now, would that be OK for general trail riding or should I increase it a bit more..?

Thanks,
Leo

Ex'r Marlin
04-25-2002, 08:54 PM
For general trail riding, is it recomended to keep them vertical? I only question this because I haven't noticed the XC racers adding any camber. I definetly notice it on the quads set-up for MX.

Blackguywithouta400
04-25-2002, 09:07 PM
I talked to Debbie at JD and she told me to set mine at 5/8 at the top of the wheel she says this is about the standard. You can tell that its too much if you bottom out the front end and the wheels then are still toes in alot i set them at 5/8 and it seems to work well, make sure you bottom ball joint is threaded in as far as it will go.

JhallettEX
04-25-2002, 09:18 PM
Leo....Check out C&Dracingonline.com they have a tech section that has a large section on setting your camber and caster. It really is a great article.

killerkx327
04-27-2002, 12:51 AM
this is all you'll need ,click on the link and it'll tell you everyything you'll need to know about caster and camber.and it's easy to understand.http://www.lsracing.com/install_castercamber.php (lonestar racing adjustments)

superbikemike
06-25-2003, 11:16 AM
killer kx can you please email me i have mucho tecate questions for you thanks superbikemike6@aol.com

monk
08-18-2003, 05:15 AM
Camber cannot be adjusted on a stock 400ex front end...Is this correct?

I finally got my toe-in adjusted thanks to the advice on this forum, but I am still clueless about adjusting camber.

My stock front clutch side wheel has always looked like the top of the tire goes in a little. but please tell me if camber is adjustable on stock 400ex.

cdalejef
08-18-2003, 05:28 AM
Correct, you cannot adjust camber on stock arms.