PDA

View Full Version : 1986 lt 250 ...will a 1990 motor fit in this?

midwesty
01-11-2005, 01:05 AM
is it a direct bolt to the original trans and other components? will the engine mounts match( ie same frame)?

what i want to do is i know where to get a motor that has just been gone thru out of a 1990....and a buddy of mine has either a 85 or 86 lt 250 that he will give me and the only way i want it is if i can make the motor swap fairly easy..is this possible??

thanks in advance

Cody_Gore_69
01-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Please tell me something.

crappyblaster88
01-16-2005, 11:43 AM
yes it should bolt right up i beileve. i dont think the motor or trans changed on the lt 250r's over the years i think the suspension did tho, not 100% tho. hope evrything turns out good.

tom

LTandRaptorider
01-16-2005, 02:44 PM
The LT engine went to a powervalved engine from 87-92... and yes, the rear suspension was changed on the 91-91 models. I believe all year engines bolt up to the frame the same.

To the person who posted above about aftermarket products for the LT, what are you looking for? I had engine work done by LRD... and have found many other aftermarket products from most big companies. I have a swingarm and steering stem from Lonestar, axle from RPM, a-arms from Burgard, Coolhead from Pro-Design, tie rods from ASR- American Star Racing, with heim joints, Stainless braided brake lines, Works Pro-Series shocks, Maier Plastic, crank and rod and piston with boost port from Wiseco, 38mm carb from Keihin, RAD valvve intake and reeds from Boyesen, clutch lever from ASV, bars and grips are Renthal... I think you get my point. Sometimes you have to do some hunting, but most things can be found from the big companies. If you need any more help, PM me. ;)

riverrat351
01-16-2005, 05:26 PM
if i remember right the 85-86 lt250's exhaust came out different than the 87 and later motors.. the frame is differentthe 85-86's had a single bar that ran down infront of the cylinder head.. on the 87 and laters the bar came down and then made a Y so the exhaust pipe could go threw it