PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Shocks

400EX QUADER
01-10-2005, 11:40 PM
What's better the Works AT steelertriple rate without rez. or the Cannondale speed stock Ohlin shocks? What rate are the Cannondale speed shocks? I only want front shocks no rear. Which would suit me better for trails and some dunes? I weigh 188 lbs but I'm going on a diet soon because I need it.:D :devil: lol
Thanx,cory

Colby@C&DRacing
01-11-2005, 09:49 AM
The stock speed shocks are a pretty good shock but not really setup for the 400ex. You will be happier with some works shocks that are built for you and your machine

DaleJrFan
01-11-2005, 11:50 AM
i just got a pair of works triples w/o rezzies and they are great at the dunes, 100% improvement over stock shocks and they are cheaper than the big name shocks.

400ex28
01-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
The stock speed shocks are a pretty good shock but not really setup for the 400ex. You will be happier with some works shocks that are built for you and your machine

yup

cdalejef
01-11-2005, 06:12 PM
The Works shocks will be better.

zephead400ex
01-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
i just got a pair of works triples w/o rezzies and they are great at the dunes, 100% improvement over stock shocks and they are cheaper than the big name shocks.

I have them w/ rezzies...either way, huge improvement over stock. You really don't understand how stiff the stockers are until you have an aftermarket shock!:)

400EX QUADER: I would recommend the Works shocks over the Ohlin shocks for the simple fact that the Ohlin shocks are not valved for your weight and riding style.

DaleJrFan
01-12-2005, 08:29 PM
i agree, i couldnt belive how smooth the works were, i have rode elkas on a mx track before and its hard to tell the difference between them and works there but i am not aggressive enoungh on a track. i would like to try a pair at the dunes and see. i have rode the new z400 with their improved stock shocks and they are pretty nice.