PDA

View Full Version : Fmf Or Wb Exhaust

04-25-2002, 08:26 PM
Should I get an FMF pipe or a White Brothers pipe heard good stuff about both but if i could get some advice from people that own them it would be appreciated.

04-25-2002, 08:41 PM
wb e series

04-25-2002, 08:50 PM
Any particual reason why?

04-26-2002, 08:43 AM
Get a White Bros. E series. Dirt Wheels did an exhaust shootout comparing 10 different exhaust from FMF, Big Gun, White Bros. etc. The White Bros came out on top. It made more power through the entire rpm range. The FMF didn't fare that well.
FMF Builds good pipes for 2 Strokes. White Bros is where its at.
:devil

04-26-2002, 10:49 AM
DMC Alien pipe works awesome. Dirt Wheels didn't include it in there pipe shootout. I would run the full system if you could afford it.

DESDAK4
04-26-2002, 01:03 PM
Get the e-series I have it with a modded head pipe and it is a dead heat between me and my buddy with the Alien (DMC). So I saved about two hundred and got the same increase.

Deathbringer
04-26-2002, 01:12 PM
Agreed on the WB e-series. I have it and love it.

04-26-2002, 04:54 PM
Thanx guys im going with WB E-Series

jay's 400ex
04-26-2002, 05:14 PM
yup~!! good choice............ go wit the brothas :devil

BornOnFire
04-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Who are you buying the pipe from? If you have already bought it, then, if you do not mind , how much are you paying? I just bought one myself and I am curious as to if I got "farked" or what!:p

Let me know, perhaps I can get you the same Kick ***** price I got mine for!

Laters,

James

:devil

slates74
04-26-2002, 05:37 PM
LRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

400exRacerX
04-26-2002, 05:39 PM
LRD or Sparks are great exhuast systems,,, its just about time for me to sell my white bros e series silencer for my new x-6 sparks system. If anyone wants to buy it make a offer.......BTW it doesnt come with a s/a.

Norm

PDunes300ex
04-26-2002, 07:44 PM
Don't be like the masses try a different pipe. The disks look silly too. How about a Yoshi system...makes good power and have never heard a single complaint
just my .02

TRFOXX
04-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Get the FMF, the white bro's sounds like a tin can after a while!

Deathbringer
04-28-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by TRFOXX
Get the FMF, the white bro's sounds like a tin can after a while!

:huh if it sounds like that then something is wrong internally. FMF is quieter then the WB if that is a concer, but they both have a good grunty sound to them.

04-29-2002, 08:42 AM
Yo, definitley go with the FMF, it is a heck of alot nicer, lasts longer, and adds alot more power and noise to your bike. My friend Zack got a white brothers e series and now his bike is falling apart, my other friend austin got an FMF and his bike is awesome...i rode it 2days ago and its really powerful on his warrior. Buy the FMF, White Brothers SUCK!!!!!:devil

Deathbringer
04-29-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by sillymofo137
My friend Zack got a white brothers e series and now his bike is falling apart, my other friend austin got an FMF and his bike is awesome...

OMG... if your friends bike is falling apart because he put a pipe on it then he has issues... WB's pipes DO NOT make your bike fall apart.. sorry man not busting on you but that is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

02exchic
04-29-2002, 03:34 PM
So everyone has their opinions about which is better but how about decibel levels?
This is a big concern in the dunes....from what I have seen and heard the restrictions are gong to get tighter, 90dcb. Which pipe gets the closest???

EX Fanatic
04-29-2002, 03:50 PM
I have an FMF and I love the sound! I don't know how much difference in power it makes.

Deathbringer
04-29-2002, 04:08 PM
I am going to DB my pipe tonight I think I will post what I get tomorrow. I have a wb's e-series

04-29-2002, 04:45 PM
Dude, i dont mean his bike is falling apart BECAUSE of his white brothers, i just mean that his bike runs like crap because of it. He used to have an FMF but he ditched it to go with the White Brothers...and now his bike sounds like crap and it runs alot less better than it did with the FMF.
Not to bust on you but the White Brothers does suck and i would pick FMF over White Brothers ANY DAY~!!!!

------Yodice--------:blah

04-29-2002, 08:17 PM
Thanx guys i think i might hold on to the idea of WB and look at the Yoshi's;)

BigDon
04-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Deathbringer
I am going to DB my pipe tonight I think I will post what I get tomorrow. I have a wb's e-series

Looking forward to your results!

Most of the posts on this subject were from 400ex riders. I've got a 300ex. Anyone riding a 300 that cares to respond on what pipe you are using and how it's working?

BigDon

KingRage12
04-29-2002, 09:00 PM
Come on you guys got to be kidding me! All the pipes work ok, but it just comes down to what you like. I have seen every bolt on pipe on the dyno and none make more than 1 or 2 hps more than the other. And there is no way you can really feel a noticable difference. So that just leaves looks and sound. We have every thing from the WB to the Titanium Fmf on our 400s and I will say the Yoshi and the WB look the best but the best sounding exhaust out there is the Tom Carlson shorty, and it uses the stock headpipe, and when polished up, it looks pretty good. Dont believe everything you see in a magazine, someone has to pay for all those advertisements, and beleive me the magazine companies are not buying the exhaust, companies are giving the exhaust to them to test, and I am sure they pay for some of those fancy so called dyno test. Buy a sharp looking exhaust that sounds good. RAGEATV.com

PDunes300ex
04-29-2002, 09:28 PM
I don't think any aftermarket pipe comes in under 90Dbs. I could be wrong though...Thank god the rangers at Pismo just don't seem to care

Deathbringer
04-30-2002, 12:34 PM
Sorry I will try to post it tomorrow... it was raining to much lastnight to do it.

Deathbringer
04-30-2002, 09:32 PM
Ok here is what I got.. now remember my DB meter is only a Radio Shack one so its not pro equipment but it works pretty darn good

At idle my WB's E-series pipe metered at 91db
At different rev's (didn't gauge the rpms) 102-104db

So if you are using it in the Oregon dunes you will NOT pass.

PDunes300ex
05-01-2002, 11:10 AM
I was watching a poker run the other night on TV and when one of the guys came around to get his card...he was only riding with one hand. Why you ask...because he needed the other hand to hold on to his WB pipe that fell off during the race. Don't know if he crashed or what but I'm sure WB doesn't like that kind of publicity. That really makes no comment on their quality but it was pretty funny to see the guy ride around holding his silencer...not to mention...a bike with no silencer is wicked loud :devil

Deathbringer
05-01-2002, 12:11 PM
Well if its any testiment to WB's quality, my first crashed ended with my back tire stuck in a tree and the pipe jammed into a branch... the branch was all cut up and the pipe ended up with a little tree sap on it which I cleaned off with WD-40. I also flipped the quad again later that day... so two nice crashes and nothing....so believe what you want but the pipe manufactures know what you are going to put them through and they try to make them hold up.

PDunes300ex
05-01-2002, 12:14 PM
{db} How in the heck did you end up in a tree? :confused: