PDA

View Full Version : MX Setup

nwi45
01-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I was wondering if some of you that race your R's could give me a few pointers and tips. Last year racing my Blaster, I found that alot of things needed to be modified and secured for the beating a bike takes during a moto. I had a few problems, one with the airbox falling off the mount on the frame...is there anything that you guys have found to help your bike stay together and stay away from getting DNF's?

I have all my electrics and cables ziptied and secured and couldn't find anything else that looked like it needed to be secured better. Thanks.

LT250Racer609
01-10-2005, 07:07 PM
before every race i strip down my quad...which means take off the fenders, gas tank ETC. which makes it capable to check over everything real good...2 strokes tend to loosin up bolts and such real fast just cause its the nature of the beast...check over your a-arms, tie rods, handlebar clamps ETC. also, it helps to make sure before every race your air filter is clean and to also make sure nothing is loose and will rattle off....

nwi45
01-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Well I do that before and after every race, but I was just talking about specific parts..Wondering if specific parts had a tendency to loosen or come loose during motos. Sorry, this post might have been confusing.

LT250Racer609
01-10-2005, 08:02 PM
chains tend to loosen up and tie rod end tend to also...i would check those

cheezy400
01-10-2005, 08:21 PM
my wheels tend to loosen up i would check thos