RD 1 - Sunday, May 8th @ TBA
RD 2 - Sunday, May 29th @ Humboldt Hills
RD 3 - Saturday, June 4th @ Happy Hollow
RD 4 - Saturday, August 27th @ TBA
RD 5 - Saturday, September 17th @ Happy Hollow
RD 6 - Saturday, October 1st @ Humboldt Hills

If you got a schedule at the 2004 SOCCS Banquet
Please disregard it!

The races that were scheduled at UBTH, will be moved to a new location.
We will know very soon.
I will keep you posted!
Thanks
Jay

trict_out
01-10-2005, 08:37 PM
damn jay i cant wait...wait till u see what the old 300 looks like this season...:devil:

humboldt hills
01-11-2005, 05:27 AM
So what did everyone think about the banquet.
I can run a good race, but never attempted one of those before.
It was kind of hap-hazard on my part.
I Missed alot of thanks you's because the raffle took so long.
I almost forgot to give the sponsers their plaques.
better luck next time I guess.
Thanks for coming and being so patient.
Jay

atvchik
01-11-2005, 06:28 AM
I thought you did a great job for your first banquet!
That was alot of people to fit into there and it worked out well.
The food was good and I think everyone enjoyed it.

The only things I would consider for next time....
maybe have a taller platform so we can see the little tikes and their HUGE trophy's. I could see the trophy's but not the kid's, lol!!

Pictures, slides, misc stuff people had taken from the races....I heard someone asking if there was any race footage to watch.

The only other thing was the smoking....

humboldt hills
01-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Thanks Tab for the suggestions.
I was against the smoking thing, it was not my Idea, and will definately be an outside thing next year.
We will be upstairs next year also.
It holds 700 people as opposed to 300, and there is a 4 foot tall stage.
The picture lady had slide shows of their dvds and I had a cpl tapes of race footage, but there was nowhere to set them up.
The room upstairs should fix alot of issues next year.
When I reserved the basement, there were 140 people signed up. That was on December 14. By January 7th there were over 300.
Had I known, I would have reserved the upstairs. Live and learn.
Its amazing what you can learn about running races and the people involved in a years time. I should write a book.
thanks again
Jay

Garrett
01-11-2005, 07:11 AM
Had fun at the banquet, Jay. Food was good and the tropheys were way nicer than expected. Thanks for putting on such good events.

... You need to talk to the trophey girl thouigh... where was the kiss? :D

trict_out
01-11-2005, 09:11 AM
garrett im tellin your girlfriend man! haha jk

bradley300
01-11-2005, 09:47 AM
you have a website or dirctions to these tracks? i would like to come to a few

humboldt hills
01-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Brad...,
check out www.soccracing.com or www.humboldthills.com.
For 2005
we race at:
humboldt hills motorcycle club
and
Happy Hollow Dirt Park
and
Some virgin trails in bainbridge
I will keep you posted

Scott Kawi700
01-11-2005, 03:04 PM
As usual Jay you put on a great event. I second everything the chick said. The only thing I would add is maybe giving the riders ther oppertunity to plug there sponsers, we couldnt do with out them..:D
Sorry to hear about UBTH. Can you say what happened? Everything seemed fine at the banquet.

Bradley, Talk to Jeff Steoss. He has been to a couple of these races. Im sure he will recommend you give them a try. If not, ignore him!!!:p :devil: Seriuosly, they put on a great race.

max22679
01-11-2005, 04:09 PM
How long has soccr been holding racing events? I'd like to check some out. Are they similar to a d-11 race?

humboldt hills
01-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Scott,
your right about letting you thank your sponsors, what was I thinking? I need a better list next time.
The UBTH thing came from left field. In short, we both agreed it would be better to move on.
The good news is, I went and checked out a place today just east of Bainbridge, that is a true XC layout. Its 100's of acres. The guy that owns it, is the same guy that bought the 180 farm next to me. He is a great guy. And with a little more convincing, we just might get to race there.

Max,
The SOCCS began its first season in 2004.
We have been racing at Humboldt Hills for 2 years.
The format is similar to D-11, except not quite as many classes, not as many restrictions, and no membership fee.
The website gives a pretty good history.
Its nothing fancy, but lots of info and pics.

trict_out
01-12-2005, 09:19 AM
The SOCCS is a blast...great people, great tracks, and very well put together. I loved every minute of it and im tryin to bring along some friends with me to race this year.

240GNCC400
01-12-2005, 03:14 PM
jay,

awards banquet was good. i was suprised to see so many people there. the fact that you had a dinner with the awards and it only cost $5 to get in was great. the trophies were really nice and a good change from the plaques.

for a first year series you did an incredible job. all the events had a good famliy atmosphere and the gate awards made it fun for all the riders, even if they didn't do so good during the race. i brought out a first timer and he had a blast. also, the fact that the races were a lot cheaper than the gnccs and cheaper than D11 and we still got to race for two hours was good. Ive been to too many district races that cut us off after 50 min - an hr. i'll definately be back next year.

humboldt hills
01-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Your guys are too kind!
We really appreciate your attitude towards our series.
We are just trying to have a little fun. Keep it simple is a rule we like to follow.
I am working hard on a new place right now. We should know something in the next week or so. Its right outside of Bainbridge. If we get it, we are talking about a real crosscountry race. Long courses, spread out over 100's of acres.
We already have Happy Hollow in the soccs this year, which is about the same size as Humboldt Hills. So no more 2-3 mile courses this year. Time for a real XC series.
I don't know about you, but I am starting to get excited. This 65 degree january morning should set us all up for some cabin fever once the weekends cold temps. hit us.
Keep checking the website for schedule updates.
We are going to try and stick with those dates, but the places they are held at might change.
Happy Hollow dates are set in stone. The opener will be at Humboldt Hills now.
Something like this.

May 8 HHMC
May 29 New Place?
June 6 HAppy Hollow
august 28th new Place?
Sept. 17th HAppy Hollow
Oct 1st HHMC

These may change a little, so stay tuned!
Type at ya soon
Jay

bradley300
01-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Scott Kawi700
As usual Jay you put on a great event. I second everything the chick said. The only thing I would add is maybe giving the riders ther oppertunity to plug there sponsers, we couldnt do with out them..:D
Sorry to hear about UBTH. Can you say what happened? Everything seemed fine at the banquet.

Bradley, Talk to Jeff Steoss. He has been to a couple of these races. Im sure he will recommend you give them a try. If not, ignore him!!!:p :devil: Seriuosly, they put on a great race.

every time i ignore jeff, he ends up being rite and i look like and idiot:( :( i'll try to make a few of these. i only see the two locations, are there only two tracks or are there different tracks at the same location?

gncc35
01-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Jay, I am thinking we need a few races for Jan.,feb.,mar.,apr. what are you waiting for? If the weather is too bad just cancel!

humboldt hills
01-14-2005, 06:30 AM
The original plan was to have march/april races until that icestorm decimated the trails. If we get all this cleaned up by april, I might just throw an outlaw fun race on april 9th.
But we have allot of work to do. Keep your eyes on our website, we are going to schedule a cpl clean up days where everyone can come ride if they help out. Free food and beer!
I will be up on the hill all day today, 14th and tomorrow, Jan. 15th, bring your atv and chainsaw. Or just walk around throwing limb of the trails. If you do come, stay off the grass in the fields until it freezes, its super mudd!!!!!!

dad400ex
01-16-2005, 09:54 AM
A buddy and me raced the BUCC series and don't feel we're good enough to run GNCC,Is SOCCS good for beginners and or inexperianced riders ?We like the thrill of riding with others ,I need more info on it.Thanks

humboldt hills
01-16-2005, 01:32 PM
The SOCCS is a good avenue for beginners!
I am not saying we don't get top notch riders, but not all of them know about us yet. This makes the average joe rider more competitive. We also set up long courses, so you are not always neck and neck. But, our courses are tough. Lots of hills, and not much flat stuff this season. Let me know if I can help with more info.

Also, Have you tried a GNCC?
The courses are easy and there is always a class to suit your needs. I have seen some pretty average riders go home with an award. Good luck
Jay

brian350rx
01-16-2005, 06:15 PM
what kind of classes do you have for an atv?
how much to race?

humboldt hills
01-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Pro ATV
4-stroke
Open
Novice
Utility

$25 - Pro(100% Payback)
all others $20

I also put some pics from the banquet up.
Check www.soccracing.com
Later
Jay

240GNCC400
01-17-2005, 08:29 PM
hey dad400EX,

i raced the buccs series two years ago and the soccs this past season. i think you'll like the soccs series. theres more of a laid back atmosphere around it than the buccs was and d11 or the gnccs are. there is a very wide range of rider ability there. occasionally some fast gncc riders show up, but at the same time there are a lot of younger riders who are just starting out. i brought my cousin, who has only had his quad for two years, out to his first race and he had a lot of fun and had people he could compete with. the cost set up is another plus. entry fee is $20 (i believe) , you dont have to buy ama cards or district cards so theres not a big investment to get out to a race. humboldt is a much better track than any of the buccs tracks. give it a try.

dad400ex
01-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Sounds good ,Where is the tracks located ?Thanks

humboldt hills
01-18-2005, 05:26 AM
There is allot of lnfo at www.humboldthills.com and Happy Hollow has some info at www.southernohioscoring.com

But here is the basic directions:
Humboldt Hills,
8998 SR 41 North, Bainbridge, Ohio 45612
Located on SR 41 BTWN US50(Bainbridge) and SR28(greenfield)
HHMC is about a 1 hour drive from COlumbus, Cincinatti, or Dayton.

Happy Hollow Dirt Park,
3419 SR 41 South, Hillsboro, Ohio 45133
Take SR124 South of Hillsboro, Turn left on SR41, HHDP on Left

Mapquest will get you better directions from your neck of the woods.
Thanks
Jay

sharkinthepool
01-18-2005, 06:54 AM
What do you guys typically ride there? What kind of A-arms can you fit through there. I ride a 400ex and would like to switch from MX to CC or harescramble, I would most likely have to get rid of all the MX stuff though. Any help.

humboldt hills
01-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Ok, I have revamped the schedule.
Unfortunately, we couldn't get the other location in Bainbridge.
It is only a 5 race series this year. Keepin it simple.
We did add a 90cc atv class to run after the 50cc's, due to overwhelming requests for the class.
Check www.soccracing.com for the flier.
Thanks
Jay

PS We might still add a race in frankfort at the end of the season. Still waiting to hear back from them.

atvchik
01-20-2005, 11:03 AM
were going to have to get scott a new job...he works on saturday's:(

humboldt hills
01-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Sorry about the Saturday races.
I am scoring a bunch of D-11 races on sundays. Plus trying to keep away from GNCC, NHS, and enduros, it was tuff to find some dates.
I think it would be easier to find Scott a new job.
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a good paying position that only requires you to look busy. HAHAHA

ZapsRacing
01-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey Humboldt, I was lookin at your website and i was wondering what the classes for bikes were like the Light Weight Novice, is that basically like a 125 novice class?? I would like to race a few of them and prolly drag my brother and a few others with me. From what i have been hearing on this forum it seems like you guys got a good thing goin. Thanks.

brian350rx
01-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Humboldt hills, how far is the course from Hillsoboro, Ohio - the one in Bainbridge?
I've been to Happy Hollow a long time ago - (they used to have some pretty good hills in the back) is the place any bigger? How long will the course be there?
Thanks

humboldt hills
01-21-2005, 05:25 AM
ZAps,
Yeah, its 0cc-199cc beginner. I am working on a info page for the SOCCS. All the classes, sizes and so on.

Brian,
We are about 30 minutes from hillsboro.
Happy Hollow is the same size, but with alot more trails.
We are going to make each race close to five miles for the big bikes and quads.

Let me know if I can help anymore.
Jay

dad400ex
01-22-2005, 03:33 AM
how is humboldt hills and happy hollow compared to crow canyon ?

humboldt hills
01-24-2005, 06:29 AM
I unfortunately never been to Crow, but I can give you a little info on HHMC and HHDP.
Both places sit on about 100 acres.
Both have about a 1 mile novice-intermediate motocross track.
Both sit in, on and around ravine infested hillsides.
Atv riders would say the trails are tight, while dirtbikers might say its mostly open except for a cpl tight spots.
Both are loaded with hillclimbs, not much flat stuff.
You might run into a cpl rocky areas, but its mostly hard pack clay.
Courses will be around 5 miles. and very well marked.
Lots of free product given away at each place.
$1000 series purse to the winners of each pro bike and pro atv class.
let me know if I can help with anything else.
jay

sharkinthepool
01-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Well I will try for this again.

I am an MXer that has thought about trying this before. But run a +3 long travel front end and a +3 axle for a MX set up. My question would be what do you guys run at the tracks you ride? I have never hre scrabled before and never GNCC'ed either, but plan to after a wrist injury last year.

Just some infor. I have heard that a plus 2 set-up on a 400 is even to wide to get through some spots?

brian350rx
01-24-2005, 10:07 AM
at the most go +1 on the arms and you can adjust your axle
most places I've been +2 would be too wide to fit through

240GNCC400
01-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Ive never been to happy hollow so im not sure about it. Its been 2 years since I raced at crow canyon so i'll do my best to compare it to Humboldt. The length of the track at HHMC is similar to the track we ran at crow during the buccs. there are more hills at hhmc and it is a little bit rougher track. speeds are probably similar. no bad mud to worry about at hhmc. the hhmc motocross track is pretty new and its short, but i think theyre still working on it. its nothing like crows. (by the way, im not knocking your track jay) its basically a one line track and it wouldnt take much to block if you really wanted to. jumps are small, but some of them have some tricky lips on the takeoff. theres two real tight spots in the xc course but they're short. theres some places where the track has multiple lines kinda like crow. they do a lot better planning the start than buccs did. humboldt has become one of my favorite local tracks. by the way crow was one of my favorite gnccs till they did away with it. hope that helps a little

humboldt hills
01-28-2005, 11:06 AM
hey everyone,
I have added a much needed "classes and rules" page to the website.
It covers displacement, cc sizes for 2 stroke versus 4 stroke, age classifications and also 2005 SOCCS rules. Go to www.soccracing.com and click on classes in the title bar.
There are a few adjusted rules. Check them out and let me know what you think.
We are also going to run the 50cc and 90cc atv's together now, instead of running the 50cc bikes/atvs together.
the mini atv class is now 0-90cc's 15 and under. If we get a ton of entries I will split them up.
Thanks
jay

barkbuster899
02-02-2005, 07:40 AM
I just wanted to give my 2 cents about this series.
I only got to race 2 races last year before I broke my wrist practicing, but these people really know how to have good time running these events. I have been racing Harescrambles for over 10 years and it is like a breath of fresh air. It reminds me of racing when I was a kid. No one is complaining, and everyone is smiling. I am healed up now and will not miss a race this year. I was also glad to see you replaced the location in mcarthur. I liked the dirt, but it was just too small and flat. Looking forward to checking out Happy Hollow and Humboldt is now and will always be one of my favorite places to ride. Thanks for all your hard work and just keep doing what your doing.
Don

humboldt hills
02-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanks Don,
Those comments go a long way with all of us. We do what we do because we love the sport, and its great to be surrounded with so many good people. Good luck this year and we'll see you April 9th.
Jay

humboldt hills
02-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Just a quick heads up:
We have been cleaning up from the ice storm and it is starting to look like we have some trails again.

We are considering opening up to the public on March 5th,6th.
Weather permitting of course.
We will cook a bunch of food and anybody can come help clean up from the storms.
After helping out feel free to ride all you want to warm up for the series. NO charge!

Let me know if you are interested. You will need to call me or email me so we know how much food/drink to get. Its my birthday weekend, so I figure this is a good way to celebrate.

Let me know.
Later
Jay

humboldt hills
02-15-2005, 03:27 PM
We have added a rider profile/bio section to soccracing.com
If you have raced in humboldt and would like to have your sponsors or friends check you out on the web go to this link www.humboldthills.com/profiles and submit your info and I will add it to our site. Send a picture if you want.

humboldt hills
02-17-2005, 10:58 AM
After carefull review, we have decided to put the 125 class back in the 2005 SOCCS. The class will be the same as last year, 200cc and below. The 250 class is now the open class.
Thanks
Jay

humboldt hills
02-26-2005, 07:18 AM
Just a reminder,
March 5th and 6th, 2005 is open to the public free work and ride day at Humboldt Hills.
Anyone can come, as long as you are 18 or with an adult. Free admission, free food, free fun.
Just help us pic up some trash and branches for a little while, then ride all you want.
should be a good time.
See you here
Jay

hr15
04-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Maybe I missed it on your web site but wondered what time the mini atv's start racing and when sign up ends?Sorry if your repeating this info.
Thanks,Len

humboldt hills
04-05-2005, 05:17 AM
No problem, the times are on the flier, which can be found at
www.humboldthills.com/2005soccflier
But anyway,
they run at 10:45 for 30 minutes.
I would say sign up will close for each race 10 minutes before, so they can attend the riders meeting.
Thanks
Jay

mini quad dad
04-07-2005, 09:38 AM
hey my daughter raced at hhmc last year and loved hats off to all of the staff. it was her first harescramble she had raced at other local events and this was her favorite. ido have 1 question my daughter has kawasaki 50 it is a terd. so we got her another little quad a dinli t-rex 90. the 90 is in the shop and will be during the apr 9 race so she will have to race her 50 for this race . will this be a problem racing 2 quads in the same series. a response would be greatly appreciated and we look forward to saturday

humboldt hills
04-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by mini quad dad
the 90 is in the shop and will be during the apr 9 race so she will have to race her 50 for this race . will this be a problem racing 2 quads in the same series.

No problem, we are probably going to split the class by age now.
Atv Jr - 0-8 years old(0-90cc)
Atv Sr - 9-15 years old(0-90cc)
I don't see any problem with switching quads.
This is a learning year for us with these mini atvs. Already, we seperated the classes. Lots of folks have been calling about these classes.
Thanks for compliment.
Tell katherine thanks, if this is who I think it is anyways.
See you all Saturday.
Jay

hr15
04-10-2005, 08:52 PM
You all put on a great race for the Spring Classic.Great weather and great track conditions.Looking forward to the next race,thanks again for the mini atv classes.
Len

humboldt hills
04-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks Len, we all had a great time.

The 2005 season of the Southern Ohio Cross Country Series kicked off Saturday April 9th, 2005 at
Humboldt Hills Motorcycle Club, located in Ross County.
Much like the weather, the racing was outstanding as well.
108 total riders turned out to give hundreds of spectators a great show.
The Big Bike race looked to be a runaway for last years pro bike winner Jeremy Gragg, until a 3rd gear/full throttle tree planting ceremony left him seeing stars, then we saw a bumper to bumper battle between David McWilliams and Sean Starkey. McWilliams led 4 out of the last 5 laps before Starkey got by with a mile to go and held on for the win.
The Atv's raced in a similar fashion with Todd Demaree, who led early on, and Glenn Coriell swapping first and second all day. Coriell ended on top of the podium by less than a second over Demaree. Last years Pro Atv winner Jason Moore finished in third place.
Zach Wilson took the minis by storm and Mathew Harris took the first victory in the new Miniatv class with Allen Jones taking the 50cc Bike overall.
Check www.humboldthills.com for full results, race reports and pictures.
The next round brings us back to Humboldt Hills on Sunday May 8th, 2005.

mini quad dad
04-12-2005, 10:31 AM
hey humboldt great race saturday looking forward to may 8 we greatly appreciate what you are doing for the mini atv class. this class doesnt get much attention at alot of other places. see ya may8. I hope your staffs legs are allright after pushing my daughter around the track thanks alot to everyone who helped. the next event we will try to take it easy on you guys. we got another quad that will pull over a clump of grass unlike the other one. we hope to bring another mini atv rider to the next event. I was also wondering if the quad utility is in the same class hope to race as soon as i heal Knee surgery---one bad set of whoops. thanks to you and your staff see ya on the eigth