PDA

View Full Version : 400ex suspension question

ExTrixter687
01-10-2005, 04:48 PM
i was wondering how far can u guys jump with stock shocks?....if i were ever to get into decent sized jumps could i run it stock?

thx

maskale
01-10-2005, 05:16 PM
I ran stock shocks on the MX track for a while, but it really beat me up, I would be really sore the next several days and the arm pump was bad. If you jump a table top and land on the landing you will be ok, but if you are not clearing the table tops or the dubbles then the your landing will be much harder and you will bottom out more. Real hard landings can hurt.
It also depends greatly on your weight and riding style, the best thing to do is take it to the track and try it out at slower speeds. If you think you are doing good the start riding alittle harder. Getting any kind off aftermarket shock will help you alot, Works seem to be what alot of people on a buget get, but if you can spend more then the top of the line shocks will be even better.

underpowered
01-10-2005, 05:30 PM
The biggest i have done with my stockers was maybe a 40 ft table. They would bottom out pretty harshly but they were not set on the stiffest setting either.

sampleez
01-10-2005, 05:31 PM
the stock setup can work alright as long as u don't over or under jump anything, and except in pretty hard packed conditions. i have jumped our 75 foot double and downhill tabletop, as well as our 100 foot tabletop(b4 we redid it) with totally stock suspension. but of course, better suspension makes life alot easier.

ExTrixter687
01-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by sampleez
the stock setup can work alright as long as u don't over or under jump anything, and except in pretty hard packed conditions. i have jumped our 75 foot double and downhill tabletop, as well as our 100 foot tabletop(b4 we redid it) with totally stock suspension. but of course, better suspension makes life alot easier.

wow crazy man lol

im not quite up to that level in jumping yet... ill keep an eye out for some works shocks, meanwhile we'll keep moving the double jump farther apart (when the ground isnt frozen :( )

should i stiffen my stock ones up to the max? im a pretty light rider... about 5'10 150 lbs or so