PDA

View Full Version : looking for power - 450R

vindy316
01-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I have an '04 450 R with a white brother e-series exhaust and a new after market air filter. I am looking into getting more power out of my quad.

Wondering what you all recomend, Jetting? What size jets should I use to replace the ones I have? For main? Pilot? and Needle?

What else can I do besides getting my pistons bored out?

Martin Blair
01-10-2005, 02:22 PM
take airbox lid off and run air screw 2 turns out and try a 180 main for starters on stock needle position with stock pilot.

I would go with a cam or fcr carb next. The fcr doesnt give you any more power, just makes it alot more responsive, and revs quicker.

dn1911
01-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Proper jetting for your pipe and filter. i would cut a hole in lid like the HRC lid but not remove it.

HotCam stage2/HRC cam

13:1 piston stock bore.

depending on what kind of riding you do, a new flywheel

oh and maybe a better pipe down the road.

jmpulse
01-10-2005, 11:14 PM
I have just the exaust, HRC cam, and 13 tooth front sprocket, and wow, what a difference! The thing is a monster, runs down to low RPM's and pulls strong. I am now bouncing off the revlimiter in third gear, where before, I only use to in first gear. With out the front sprocket change, my R was staying even with cam mod and exausted YFZ's, dragging up Sand Mt, NV. The raptors unless heavy modded weren't even a challenge. The ride report was second hand, I couldn't go, but my buddy did make it up there for Thanksgiving weekend. I beleive the report, heard it through multiple different friends.