View Full Version : drag racing skidoo vs yamaha

MY450R
01-10-2005, 08:56 AM
i was on my buddies srx 700 triple (yamaha)
my brother was on his skidoo 670 deluxe double
we raced in the field 2 times and we were about even
the track wasnt totally packed down either and once i was in the soft stuff and once he was so we didnt really get to see for sure what would win
we only got to like 70-75mph
oh yeah the skidoo is a 99 and the yamaha is a 01 i believe
what do you guys think would win
i rode my brothers and it soaks up the bumps a lot better than the yammi but i think the yammi has more snap
idk whats everyones opinion

86350x
01-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
i was on my buddies srx 700 triple (yamaha)
my brother was on his skidoo 670 deluxe double
we raced in the field 2 times and we were about even
the track wasnt totally packed down either and once i was in the soft stuff and once he was so we didnt really get to see for sure what would win
we only got to like 70-75mph
oh yeah the skidoo is a 99 and the yamaha is a 01 i believe
what do you guys think would win
i rode my brothers and it soaks up the bumps a lot better than the yammi but i think the yammi has more snap
idk whats everyones opinion

Sounds like he needs to learn how to tune that srx. The srx should lunch it after it gets hooked up. I can use a 800ho to whipe my butt after I go poop on my srx. Its not even a race. Are you sure its an srx, and not a sxr?

Alwasy find a hard packed area for accurate results.

Quad18star
01-10-2005, 09:48 AM
The SRX will walk the Ski-Doo .... I'm a Ski-Doo fan and I hate to say it but it's true . Stock for stock out of the crate ... Nothing will touch the SRX in it's class . It'll walk 800's and 900's with ease . Yamaha sure did it's homework with this sled .

86350x
01-10-2005, 09:52 AM
I think alot of people claiming to beat srx's are actually racing sxr's, wich make 30 less hp. So far susans 05 f7 can't touch my srx either. I thought f7's were supposed to be unbeatable:rolleyes:

MY450R
01-10-2005, 02:37 PM
yeah i guess it is an sxr idk
but its a 700 triple

86350x
01-11-2005, 12:08 AM
In that case, my money's on the 670.

There is a HUGE difference between an sxr and an srx. Tripple pipes, powervalves, ignition, higher compression ratio. Beefier lower end too.

Quad18star
01-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
In that case, my money's on the 670.

There is a HUGE difference between an sxr and an srx. Tripple pipes, powervalves, ignition, higher compression ratio. Beefier lower end too.

I'm with you on this one ... if it's an SXR my $$ goes on the Ski-Doo.

John , you have the SRX correct? What year is it and how do ya like it? My cousin has one for sale that I might pick up off him .

coryatver
01-11-2005, 03:09 PM
SRX's are FAST if it was a srx the 670 wouldn't have a chance

400ex28
01-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
SRX's are FAST if it was a srx the 670 wouldn't have a chance

86350x
01-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'm with you on this one ... if it's an SXR my $$ goes on the Ski-Doo.

John , you have the SRX correct? What year is it and how do ya like it? My cousin has one for sale that I might pick up off him .

I have an 01, the most intimidating year for them. It got the better porting and ignition without the dcs. The dcs can kick in on lake runs and rob you of top speed. But it will prevent a burn down.

I honestly don't like riding anything else. You will never ride another slead that is as stable as this one. And you can take corners more then 20mph faster then with other machines. After 7000 miles you might want to do a compression check. Some have gone over 15000 miles on the original top end! Thats insane! The lowerend is over built, it has over sized brgs, and welded crank pins right from the factory. So a big bore upgrade will last also when its time to rebuild. Nothin beats the stock pipes up to 800 cc too. Leave the stock can on! You will loose 4mph and power with an aftermarket. Clutch you engagement at 3900, and 00-02's peak is at 8500. 98-99's are at 8300.

Not skidoo bashing here

The 99 mxz 670h.o was a kick *** slead. It's e.t. was almost as fast as an f7. These machines are hard to find for a good reason, there awesome. If I found a nice one, I would buy it.

MY450R
01-12-2005, 06:23 AM
yesterday my brother discovered that he has anti freeze in the cylinders and is freakin pissed off bg time.i dont know if the dealer will take care of it or not because he just got it like a month or two ago and has only ridden it once the other day
what could the problem be with his sled(skidoo)

Syrus
01-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Seals maybe ?

MY450R
01-12-2005, 07:45 AM
i was thinking a head gasket but would antifreeze be in both cylinders??

TRX250X
01-12-2005, 08:09 AM
I have not had much experience with an SRX. I do know that those F7's will keep up with my Mach Z. My buddy just bought an 03 F7 and that thing is amazing. I need to do some tuning to the Mach and get it back into tip top shape, but I still think that F7 will give me a run.

86350X, How much riding have you got in this winter. I'm planning on heading up to the U.P. this weekend and trying to get some good riding in. I haven't been across the bridge yet, but I have family up there and a free place to stay, so I can't turn that down. Also, are you a member over at Hardcoresledder.com?

Quad18star
01-12-2005, 09:51 AM
MY450R .... what year is your brother's Ski-Doo??? Depending on the year , It could be one of many problems . Ski-Doo had a lotta problems with some of their engines in the late 90s early 00's . A lot of crank bearings were letting go , cylinder's seizing on the far side of the triples ( not getting enough oil) and the dreaded anti-freeze in the cylinders . :ermm:

TRX250X , I'm a member over at Hardcoresledder ... username Quad18star . :blah: It's my username on any website that asks you to sign up . :D

86350x
01-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by TRX250X
I have not had much experience with an SRX. I do know that those F7's will keep up with my Mach Z. My buddy just bought an 03 F7 and that thing is amazing. I need to do some tuning to the Mach and get it back into tip top shape, but I still think that F7 will give me a run.

86350X, How much riding have you got in this winter. I'm planning on heading up to the U.P. this weekend and trying to get some good riding in. I haven't been across the bridge yet, but I have family up there and a free place to stay, so I can't turn that down. Also, are you a member over at Hardcoresledder.com?

Put some heavy hitters on that mach. When you can afford it, some v-force reeds and jaws pipes. You should be able to out pull that f7. They are fast, but not the everything beaters internet warriors are saying they are. Just like the piped 450's waxing 70hp banshees, its a bunch of made up b.s. They are fast, like anything else after you tune them in, get your clutching right, get a 1000ft box for them.

I am SlowSRX on the hcs board.

Check the old amsnow shootouts, my 700 has a faster e.t. then your 800:D What year is your mach? There is ALOT you can do to that machine.

Sounds like a blown head gasket my450r.

86350x
01-12-2005, 10:46 AM
I have only been to atlanta this year, very nothern part of the L.p. I guess there is snow is you go up to seney or grand marias. I was thinking of heading up there this weekend also.

MY450R
01-12-2005, 11:08 AM
yeah thats what im thinking
thanks

MY450R
01-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
MY450R .... what year is your brother's Ski-Doo??? Depending on the year , It could be one of many problems . Ski-Doo had a lotta problems with some of their engines in the late 90s early 00's . A lot of crank bearings were letting go , cylinder's seizing on the far side of the triples ( not getting enough oil) and the dreaded anti-freeze in the cylinders . :ermm:

TRX250X , I'm a member over at Hardcoresledder ... username Quad18star . :blah: It's my username on any website that asks you to sign up . :D
ita a 99
it could be that too sounds logical to me
thanks