PDA

View Full Version : Owners Manual (please read)

Punk'd
01-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I have a 450r and im trying to learn how to rejet because im going to be buying a Yosh pipe. Were at in the owners manual should I look under? I havent seen anything yet. hmm

LazeR
01-09-2005, 10:49 PM
I dont believe jetting is in the owners manuals. You will probably have to pick up a shop manual!

Punk'd
01-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
I dont believe jetting is in the owners manuals. You will probably have to pick up a shop manual!

Crap.. Do you think when I buy the Yosh pipe it will tell me what to do and how to do it?

Punk'd
01-10-2005, 01:43 PM
anyone?

MY450R
01-10-2005, 01:49 PM
yeaH it may tell you but if your running a closed airbox then you dont have to rejet
but every pipe comes with some sort of instructions or small detail on how to rejet

zephead400ex
01-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Why not post a question in the Powertrain forum? At least you can get some feedback where to start. After that, you might be able to figure it out on your own!:)

Good luck!

Sportrax10
01-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Its not that hard, you probably dont need a guide to do it.

To switch the main jet, all you need to do is take off the 17mm bolt thing on the bottom of the carb and the main jet inside just needs to be switched out with whatever Yoshi tells you to. If your changing pilot jets also, you just need to take the bowl off the bottom of the carb, and the pilot jet is right next to the main but lower down.. Just unscrew and replace...

Good luck..

BTW, changing the needle is a tad bit harder... I dont think you will need to change it though, I didnt have to with my Sparks pipe.