PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Wheels

Foxrage
04-25-2002, 06:52 PM
I traded me old setup for some 10x5 and 10x10 carbon fiber wheels all around. I am going to get some holeshot mx to put on them. How much tire pressure should i but in them so if i hit a rock they wont chip. How does everyone like them. Had any problems? What else is something good to know about these i can use all the info i can get. Thanks

optikid123
04-25-2002, 07:26 PM
my friend has em he says there great but some say that the tires make u pull to the left or right because some of them have a dip in the tire but i thing the new one dont have that prob???

beerock
04-25-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by NACS400EX
I traded me old setup for some 10x5 and 10x10 carbon fiber wheels all around. I am going to get some holeshot mx to put on them. How much tire pressure should i but in them so if i hit a rock they wont chip. How does everyone like them. Had any problems? What else is something good to know about these i can use all the info i can get. Thanks

they dont chip man, and if they do call up hi-per and theyll replace the parts.

are they the old style carbons or the new carbons with the oring seals?
if they are the old carbons call them up and say you just found out about the new updated rims and ask if you can get them updated.

10x10 rims are bad for mx man........they dont have the sidewall flex you need for mx

Foxrage
04-25-2002, 07:55 PM
They are the old wheels with the updated i think. I didnt think they were the best for mx but i got a good deal thanks to a great guy. What do you recomend me doing? I think they will be alright for me because im not that hard of a rider. I have seen some that chip.

Ex'r Marlin
04-25-2002, 08:19 PM
If you are going from your stock rims to the HiPer rims, you may want to add washers when you mount the lug nuts on. If I remember right, the outside diameter can not exceed .730" in diameter. (Also, you will need to mount the lug nuts with the flat side towards the rim).

Good luck with them. I don't know who you got them from, but I know when I got mine, they came with a 1 year warranty...... cool!!!:cool:

Note: HiPer said the warranty is included with all the rims, even the 10"!!

Evan
04-25-2002, 11:54 PM
Hey Beerock,
Mine are leaking air slowly, do you think hiper will replace them? What do I have to do? Tell me everything I need to know.

Foxrage
04-26-2002, 04:16 AM
I dont understand about the washer thing but i already knew about turning my lug nuts around cause i did it wrong on my old old douglas.

cdalejef
04-26-2002, 03:54 PM
The washers keep the holes from mashing the alum. in and making it hard to get the wheel off.

RoostinOna400ex
04-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Does anyone have pics of some carbon fiber rims? Is it bad that you dont turn your lugs around cuz I have douglas rims and I didnt turn them around!!:confused: