PDA

View Full Version : Truck rims ( cant decide)

SnowFlake
01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Ok this is my 95 nissan pickup, Right now is has chrome running boards and a new tannue(Sp) cover. I cant decide on rims, and i know im probably getting BF goodrich all terrains.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/p6e000f57be6512cb0b4e942cc4fae109/fbff9a71.jpg
( i know the color is horrible)

Here is one of my choices.

http://www.jegs.com/photos/260397series.jpg

Feel free to show me other rims

theTman
01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
get some beadlocks:cool:

alimdar2times
01-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Beadlocks are sweet, but they're a lot of maintenance and often they're not street legal. They have some wheels out now that are simulated beadlocks (posers, I know) but they look sweet.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=WHE&prodline=1834&catName=WHEELS&man=TECH

SnowFlake
01-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Here are the immatation locks i found, Dont really like them that much cause id rather have the real thing.

http://www.jegs.com/photos/260352.jpg

theTman
01-09-2005, 04:16 PM
they are legal in mass?? my freinds bro has them:huh

EDIT: just talked to him....they are fakes:o

SnowFlake
01-09-2005, 04:20 PM
What do you think bout those first black ones in chome?

SRH
01-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by SnowFlake
Here are the immatation locks i found, Dont really like them that much cause id rather have the real thing.

http://www.jegs.com/photos/260352.jpg

those are the wheels im getting for my truck...do you guys know if those wheels you only use certain size tires? like are they wider or not? i know some stuff about trucks but never really looked into wheels and tires and i want the cragar simulated beads for my ranger, my trucks black and i love those wheels... i dont see the benefit of a real bead unless your an offroad racer, rockcrawler or die hard mudder

mickey thompson sells some nice wheels, same as these simulated beads but there chome instead of black pc

by the way there not dot approved not legal but it is harder to catch guys using real beads becase of the simulated ones...still illegal due to the fact its possible a bolt could fly out at highway speed and hit a motorcylcist and kill th em or etc

SnowFlake
01-09-2005, 04:50 PM
How do you think the first rims i posted would look on my truck

SGA
01-09-2005, 04:56 PM
How do you think the first rims i posted would look on my truck
I think they would look really nice on your truck. Are they a good price?

SnowFlake
01-09-2005, 04:59 PM
They are $40 a rim, i just wanted to have something diffrent instead of chrome.

SRH
01-09-2005, 05:04 PM
They are $40 a rim, i just wanted to have something diffrent instead of chrome.
thats pretty cheap the ones i want are 80 i think... id go for it if iw as u

SnowFlake
01-09-2005, 05:15 PM
I found them at www.jegs.com

sprtrx300ex
01-09-2005, 05:18 PM
US 84's

FasstMidnightZ
01-09-2005, 05:24 PM
my nieghbor has real beads, but he is a die hard rock crawler and mudder but i still would get the real things, unless u want people to call u a poser

SnowFlake
01-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by sprtrx300ex
US 84's

Where did u find those??

FasstMidnightZ
01-09-2005, 05:35 PM
u need some mrt bead lock rims is what ya need the real chit

JR3
01-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
my nieghbor has real beads, but he is a die hard rock crawler and mudder but i still would get the real things, unless u want people to call u a poser

then jus tell them they are real beads lol but like they said real beads have their down side if u are mudding were its a illegal and the popo come they will rack u up on everycharge they can trespassing all that stuff i don know what would be the fine for having real beads here in NJ its not legal

SnowFlake
01-09-2005, 06:10 PM
So is there any more opinons on those first black rims i posted

alimdar2times
01-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Those first ones you posted would be sweet. Can't go worng with a good old "wagon wheel" on a truck. They're different from what everyone else is running and they're cheap. The thing that's really important is what do YOU think? If you like 'em, go for it!

SnowFlake
01-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Well after thinking about it for a while im gonna get them. Its gonna be different and i do deffinalty like them but i was worrying(sp) about what every body else thought to much . Thanks for the help!!

Dave400ex
01-09-2005, 08:33 PM
You could get some Weld EVO Velociti wheels. :eek2:

Weld Wheels (http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=WHE&prodline=3366&catName=WHEELS&man=WELD&parentProdline=WheVelocityWREVO&expand=sub5)

SRH
01-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider

lol, yeah id rather be called a wheel poser than an idiot when i spend over a grand on wheels, get a big fine and ahave to take them off...there not dot approved and not legal

being a poser would be buying the real thing with no need for it:p

quadrcr161
01-09-2005, 08:46 PM
posers suck no matter what, just trendies.

if you want a good looking wheel thats a little different, look for a set of the older chevy Z71 wheels with the solid center cap. mid 90's i think, i cant rememberthe exact years right now but they look pretty good and people wont realize what they are. you can also get them pretty cheap. they are 16inch btw.

SRH
01-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
posers suck no matter what, just trendies.

if you want a good looking wheel thats a little different, look for a set of the older chevy Z71 wheels with the solid center cap. mid 90's i think, i cant rememberthe exact years right now but they look pretty good and people wont realize what they are. you can also get them pretty cheap. they are 16inch btw.

how is buying a wheel being a poser wtf, iim amazed at the amount of people out there who easily have less brain cells than farm animals:(

quadrcr161
01-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by SRH
how is buying a wheel being a poser wtf, iim amazed at the amount of people out there who easily have less brain cells than farm animals:(

how is it? it is buying somthing that is a knock off of a actual product. they "pose" that they are a rock climber, huge mudd rider with "fake" beadlocks.

SRH
01-09-2005, 09:13 PM
how is it? it is buying somthing that is a knock off of a actual product. they "pose" that they are a rock climber, huge mudd rider with "fake" beadlocks.

beadlocks arent street legal, i want the look, cant use the real thing so i have to settle for a fake, i think rock climbing and mudding is stupid and thats not all those wheels are used for either, posing would be owning the wheel having it on a stock truck and acting like you actually had a use for it... a beadlock is about the last thing you need on an offroad truck...

quadrcr161
01-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by SRH
beadlocks arent street legal, i want the look, cant use the real thing so i have to settle for a fake, i think rock climbing and mudding is stupid and thats not all those wheels are used for either, posing would be owning the wheel having it on a stock truck and acting like you actually had a use for it... a beadlock is about the last thing you need on an offroad truck...

just like a riceboy, looks more then performance.

i want the look, cant use the real thing so i have to settle for a fake
then

posing would be owning the wheel having it on a stock truck and acting like you actually had a use for it.

thats being a poser isnt it? just going for a look?

what are bead locks used for then if not on an offroad trucks? i though it was to lock the tire against the rim to run lower tire PSI and keep the tire from spinning, the lower PSI would give more contact patch and for desert racing for strength in hitting ruts/rocks?

to the orginal poster, dude do what ya want with your truck and keep looking at what you think is best for your budget and use.

SRH
01-09-2005, 09:58 PM
just like a riceboy, looks more then performance.

then

thats being a poser isnt it? just going for a look?

what are bead locks used for then if not on an offroad trucks? i though it was to lock the tire against the rim to run lower tire PSI and keep the tire from spinning, the lower PSI would give more contact patch and for desert racing for strength in hitting ruts/rocks?

to the orginal poster, dude do what ya want with your truck and keep looking at what you think is best for your budget and use.

whatever you say, im all about looks, im not gonan go smash m y truck up driving in some mud and past some trees, ill do that with a quad

quadrcr161
01-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by SRH
whatever you say, im all about looks, im not gonan go smash m y truck up driving in some mud and past some trees, ill do that with a quad

at least you admit the problem, now that you know you can correct it. :blah:

personally i cant stand some one who does something based of looks, but what ever blows your skirt up.

SRH
01-09-2005, 10:17 PM
at least you admit the problem, now that you know you can correct it. :blah:

personally i cant stand some one who does something based of looks, but what ever blows your skirt up.

thats because your from the south, mud trucks rock crawlers etc are real popular, im into desert trucks,pre runners, mx trucks etc, i dont see me liking my truck to look good as a problem...85% of people do stuff to there vehicles to improve the looks, mainly wheels, i like an offroad look not a street look

Chef
01-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by SRH
a beadlock is about the last thing you need on an offroad truck...

You'll think that until you pop a bead off a 36.5 swamper in about 2 feet of snow, in the dark. :ermm: Thought we were going to stay the night.

FourFiftyFour
01-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by SRH
lol, yeah id rather be called a wheel poser than an idiot when i spend over a grand on wheels, get a big fine and ahave to take them off...there not dot approved and not legal

being a poser would be buying the real thing with no need for it:p

exactly. i dont think that he will be taking that truck anywhere that would need "real beadlocks" no offense bc im not dissing the truck..but only competitive or serious off roaders need the beadlocks anyway (i see several trucks similar to his go through the normal mudding and offroad scenerio with regular wheels just fine).... the simulated beadlocks would look and be just fine for that truck.... and several people have them, they look nice and perform just fine, and i dont think that they should be called "posers"..... the guys with all the modded trucks and everything perfect on them, but never have the need for it and never will use it.....well they are the "posers"

FasstMidnightZ
01-10-2005, 07:29 AM
So your truck is just show and no go huh,y do u have ur truck lifted and got big tires if all u do is drive on the road:huh

YaMaHaYFZ450
01-10-2005, 08:02 AM
i wouldnt even waste money on that thing. but maybe thats just me:confused:

EPDP99
01-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I agree with cdale. no use for beedlocks except on a stricly offroad vehicle. why would you run low psi on pavement. thats stupid. wohoo i have beads so im not a poser but my tires are throwing chunck and loosing sidewalls because im not a poser. thats plain stupid talk. they look good but are pointless on any!!!!! street vehicle. so why not get the look for a truck that goes desert offroading or the ocasional 4wd mudfests. thats not posing. Posing is having it and not even using it. like all those people who lift their trucks put huge tires on them and they remain pavement queens and never see a dirt road. or maybe a sand road at the dunes. now thats posing and an extreme waste of a truck.

ZBlaster
01-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
exactly. i dont think that he will be taking that truck anywhere that would need "real beadlocks" no offense bc im not dissing the truck..but only competitive or serious off roaders need the beadlocks anyway (i see several trucks similar to his go through the normal mudding and offroad scenerio with regular wheels just fine).... the simulated beadlocks would look and be just fine for that truck.... and several people have them, they look nice and perform just fine, and i dont think that they should be called "posers"..... the guys with all the modded trucks and everything perfect on them, but never have the need for it and never will use it.....well they are the "posers"

exactly... the need for beadlocks for an every day vehicle that is only occasionally offroad is about as much as the need for a 4"x5" hole in the top of ur head... i take my truck offroad every weekend and beat the hell out of it and my regular Rock Crawler steel wheels are holding up excellent... i love them and they were cheap as hell... igot 4 15x10's for $195...

K_Banger125
01-10-2005, 07:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/k_banger125/americaneaglewheels.jpg

these are the wheels i got for my truck...haven't got them on yet though

gojk
01-10-2005, 07:38 PM
I love these.

http://www.americanracing.com/dealerline/blackimages/blackbig/b3981.jpg

SRH
01-10-2005, 08:20 PM
nice wheels guys

i dont know about you guys but i dont take my daily driver truck offroad and just wear it out thats just me, some guys do it as a hobby but with racing and other things my truck has to last...nothing wrong with wanting it to look good imo i like the simulated beads...now i noticed they come in sized 15x 7 15x 10 etc...if im going to be using a say 225/70 will that work on th at wheel? i know some about suspension for trucks but absolutely nothing about wheels, thanks for any help in advance

gojk
01-11-2005, 02:47 AM
I would go with a 15x 7 with a 225/70R15

gojk
01-11-2005, 02:49 AM
On second thought. I would go with a 30x9.50R15 on a 15x7. That size tire will be a better tire for cheaper more than likely.

SixthFloorFreak
01-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by gojk
I love these.

http://www.americanracing.com/dealerline/blackimages/blackbig/b3981.jpg

hopefully in the near future, i'm gonna have a set of those in 20x10 with some 35/12.50/20's and a 6" lift for my truck. anybody wanna donate some money? :D

EPDP99
01-11-2005, 09:08 AM
i want the weld cheyenne 8 spoke 18" for mine. with nitto terra grapplers(sp). of course 35s.

SixthFloorFreak
01-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by EPDP99
i want the weld cheyenne 8 spoke 18" for mine. with nitto terra grapplers(sp). of course 35s.

that's an excellent set up too, but i can get the 20/35 combo for cheaper i think...the AR wheels can be had for less than a grand, and i haven't decided on a tire yet, but Super Swamper has some that are too expensive

EPDP99
01-11-2005, 09:34 AM
i still use mine to 4x4 and go hunting, as well as pull trailers so id be very weary of the strength of 20's off roading. they would flat spot quite a bit easier

ShiftFMX
01-11-2005, 09:37 AM
My friends dads truck...

ShiftFMX
01-11-2005, 09:44 AM
compared to my truck...:(

ShiftFMX
01-11-2005, 09:47 AM
My truck now...

EPDP99
01-11-2005, 10:42 AM
its good to see you took those black outs off. looks much better. also looks like projector like headlights.

FourFiftyFour
01-11-2005, 11:57 AM

I have Nitto Terra Grapplers :D :D I LOVE THEM

EPDP99
01-11-2005, 12:09 PM
im even thinking the m mud grapplers but the smallest they make em for are 18's. so wheels see which wheels i upgrade to this summer. pluus i like the terras much more than bfg all terrains. my bro is running grapplers on his ford and dodge. he works at a tire store so i get pretty good deals on wheels and tires. he found me some 22's for 150 a wheel. that be retarted for my use so i opted not to. lol

SRH
01-11-2005, 03:36 PM
On second thought. I would go with a 30x9.50R15 on a 15x7. That size tire will be a better tire for cheaper more than likely.

i dont want that big of a tire...will a 225 really work or were you joking?

gojk
01-11-2005, 07:24 PM
A 225/70 is a pretty small tire.

SRH
01-11-2005, 09:49 PM
yuppp, will it fit fine??

FourFiftyFour
01-12-2005, 12:37 AM
im even thinking the m mud grapplers but the smallest they make em for are 18's. so wheels see which wheels i upgrade to this summer. pluus i like the terras much more than bfg all terrains. my bro is running grapplers on his ford and dodge. he works at a tire store so i get pretty good deals on wheels and tires. he found me some 22's for 150 a wheel. that be retarted for my use so i opted not to. lol

i really wanted the mud grapplers but i drive usually 100 miles a day so they would wear out way too quickly for me

gojk
01-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by SRH
yuppp, will it fit fine??

As long as in ends in R15 such as 225/70R15 then you should be fine. The R15 is the rim size. A 15x7 is a pretty common sized wheel for that size. Why are you looking for such a small tire. I guess I am not understanding the logic here.

EPDP99
01-12-2005, 08:40 AM
american eagle 064 series

EPDP99
01-12-2005, 08:40 AM
or american eagle 114 series

EPDP99
01-12-2005, 08:41 AM
i really want to go with the 064 series. those are bad ace and in a 18x9.5

SRH
01-12-2005, 06:10 PM
As long as in ends in R15 such as 225/70R15 then you should be fine. The R15 is the rim size. A 15x7 is a pretty common sized wheel for that size. Why are you looking for such a small tire. I guess I am not understanding the logic here.

i drive a ranger, and i dont wanna kill my gas mileage i want the wheels to improve the looks of my truck the stock ones are horrible grey with a big *** flying saucer hub cover, im going to get an aggressive looking tire and the cragar sim. beads, i dont go off roading, i get no enjoyment out of it...its boring to me and way too expensive to repair vehicles, i drive it every day and i wanna get another 100000 miles out of it like i should...its either the cragars or some big *** street wheels like 17's or 18's with some low pro tires, and some track i race you have to drive thru fields or worn dirt roads...not the best match....understand now, thanks for your help by the way

TGW_400ex
01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Is offset and backspacing the same thing?

How much backspacing do stock truck rims usually have?

TGW_400ex
01-12-2005, 08:11 PM
bump

gojk
01-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i drive a ranger, and i dont wanna kill my gas mileage i want the wheels to improve the looks of my truck the stock ones are horrible grey with a big *** flying saucer hub cover, im going to get an aggressive looking tire and the cragar sim. beads, i dont go off roading, i get no enjoyment out of it...its boring to me and way too expensive to repair vehicles, i drive it every day and i wanna get another 100000 miles out of it like i should...its either the cragars or some big *** street wheels like 17's or 18's with some low pro tires, and some track i race you have to drive thru fields or worn dirt roads...not the best match....understand now, thanks for your help by the way

I guess that makes sense. Most people go one way or another though. What size are stock? Is this 2wd or 4wd? I am guessing 4cylinder.

Is offset and backspacing the same thing?

How much backspacing do stock truck rims usually have?

Backspacing and offset are the same thing. Backspacing is just the measurement of the of the inside of the wheel where offset gives you inside and outside measurements. There is no real norm on offset, because it really depends on the truck and what wheels are stock. Really wide offset tires aren't really the "in" thing anymore though. And wide offset wheels make the steering wheel yank around alot more, just like on a quad where they yank the handlebars around.

SRH
01-12-2005, 09:40 PM
I guess that makes sense. Most people go one way or another though. What size are stock? Is this 2wd or 4wd? I am guessing 4cylinder.

Backspacing and offset are the same thing. Backspacing is just the measurement of the of the inside of the wheel where offset gives you inside and outside measurements. There is no real norm on offset, because it really depends on the truck and what wheels are stock. Really wide offset tires aren't really the "in" thing anymore though. And wide offset wheels make the steering wheel yank around alot more, just like on a quad where they yank the handlebars around.

215 70 14 is what i have right now its 2.3 4cyl 2 wheel drive

SixthFloorFreak
01-12-2005, 09:51 PM
backspacing and offset are technically not the same thing

backspacing - the measurement from the mounting pad to the rear outer most edge(brake side) of the wheel - measured in inches

offset - the measurement of the distance from the mounting pad to the centerline of the wheel - measured in millimeters

EPDP99
01-12-2005, 10:21 PM
sixthfloor is correct. but you have to buy wheels specific to match your vehicle otherwise you might have a tire rubbing your fenderwell issue. i am dealing with that now. i bought wheels when it was stock and put 33s on it. then i lifted it and put 35s and the tires rub the springs when i turn fully.

gojk
01-13-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by SRH
215 70 14 is what i have right now its 2.3 4cyl 2 wheel drive

Then a 225 will work just fine. LIke the others have said though. The offset of the wheel could make the bigger tire rub.

SRH
01-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Then a 225 will work just fine. LIke the others have said though. The offset of the wheel could make the bigger tire rub.

what do you mean? 225 is not really too much bigger...could i get a stock offset or do aftermarket wheels all have different offsets?

gojk
01-13-2005, 04:40 PM
I should work with stock offset. I am saying if you go with a wider offset it could rub on the wheelwell.