PDA

View Full Version : lte racing

TRX450rRoostin
01-09-2005, 01:06 PM
does anyone have pictures of this pipe of there 450r?

dn1911
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
i hope not........hopefully no one has paid that much money for something that dosen't have any real performance advantage, just looks!

jmpulse
01-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by dn1911
i hope not........hopefully no one has paid that much money for something that dosen't have any real performance advantage, just looks!

I love the childish attacks. Maybe he needs an exhaust that can make dB's in Oregon dunes, you know, the 93dB limit. Can you exhaust do that and make any power over stock?

I doubt it!

The LTE Racing can.

So how does low dB's, all the power of full open systems, get loaded under your looks catigory?

And, since when has looks become so horrible to do? If preformance, and price is what you are into, then more power to you. Some of us live in areas, or just prefer to keep the noise way down, and build good power.

I know I just opened the LTE bashing crew, it is sad that a lack of knowledge of a product, one biased mag artical, and a bunch of happy LTE users, make some experts on exhaust design.

CdaleXtreme
01-11-2005, 07:16 AM
If what Jmpulse says is true, LTE will be laughing all the way to the bank in about a year from now!

I really think the dual exhaust might be the real answer to limiting the noise w/o sacrificing power.

As far as price goes, You have to understand you are paying for almost two complete exhaust systems.

kazpr
01-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Ya J post some pics of this beast!! Ya with the new sound limits they maybe onto something HUGE!

dn1911
01-11-2005, 08:29 PM
you know it's also funny when people bet real excited about something that looks cool and they buy it and a extremly happy with it no matter what. i'll admit i thought it was neat when they came out but then i did some research and found out why they wouldn't work well for me.

the question isn't getting 93db and more power but can you get more power thru out the RPM range? by the design alone LTE exhaust can't provide good power in low RPM ranges. this won't work for me and i would speculate most other riders.

now if they would change the design of the head pipes for more velocity they might fix soem of that, but you would still have almost twice the weight of a single.

if you like it, Great! and i will also admit that, yes, i had a time period after i bought my pipe were i thought i was just the best thing out there. i wised up. yes it is awsome with the power delivery but it is frickin loud. i will be looking for a new pipe this spring. i plan on getting a VCP Pulse Charger.

i know VCP is working on an ultra quiet pipe that is still supposed to put out more power while staying, hopefully, around 93db.

jmpulse
01-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Here is the actual dyno sheet from my 450R. There is gain from bottom to top of the power curve. The green is stock, blue is with just the LTE Racing exaust system, and the red is with the HRC cam and exaust.

jmpulse
01-12-2005, 11:18 PM
And here is the only pic I have of the system on my R. Note, this is not me on the R.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/jmpulse/021_21A.jpg

Thump_It
01-12-2005, 11:53 PM
Wonder how that pipe felt on his leg......shorts, that's a brave, brave man.

Thump_It
01-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by jmpulse
Here is the actual dyno sheet from my 450R. There is gain from bottom to top of the power curve. The green is stock, blue is with just the LTE Racing exaust system, and the red is with the HRC cam and exaust.

That's a healthy dyno.....not saying your info isn't true cause i'm sure it is. But one thing that dyno can't lie about is the gains, and they seem substantial. If my bike was strictly for the dunes, I'd have the LTE exhaust. Thanks for the information, first i've seen on the LTE pipe.

jmpulse
01-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Thump_It
Wonder how that pipe felt on his leg......shorts, that's a brave, brave man.

Some of my friends are not the brightest, but he is a very aggressive rider, and one of the few people that is willing to help me when needed. Admazing, he hasn't buned his legs on the system, just three pairs of pants. Some people will never learn!

Thump_It
01-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah, i've burnt a few holes as well in jeans.....and my brand new Shift Recon Pants, motherfu....oh well, they make new pants everyday. :devil:

hotex
01-13-2005, 05:04 AM
What else has been done to your machine? Engine-wise that is?

Tony

exrider44
01-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Not only is he rockin shorts hes got sneakers on! lol thats nuts:D

Bad Habit
01-13-2005, 09:51 AM
The run in blue- when you said just the LTE exhaust, does that include removing the lid and rejetting?

The reason I ask is because if you take a stock bike, remove the lid, baffle and rejet, you will see similar results. I think the benefits of the LTE you are seeing is because the silencers are not restricted like the stock exhaust is.

PaperChazerz
01-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Dont you just hate that.......... Brand new pair of SHIFT Recon paints. 1 hour of ridin they have a hole in them.
SEMA

Thump_It
01-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by PaperChazerz
Dont you just hate that.......... Brand new pair of SHIFT Recon paints. 1 hour of ridin they have a hole in them.
SEMA

Yeah, it's a b!tch.

Houser250r
01-13-2005, 01:12 PM
hey im also one of the guys that goes for looks to when it comes to the quad but performance is also an issue but i wasn't sure they made this exhaust for the 450r, can someone show pics from like the back angle or just back of the quad please.....or just any photos that show both....

thanks

2manycrashes
01-13-2005, 02:15 PM

Looks like some really good results to me. No bashing necessary or warranted.

roughrider01
01-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Yup looks good to me too, looks like the way to go if you need lower dbs. Only problem i see, the outlets looks like they would hit hard if you wheelied a little too far.

jmpulse
01-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by hotex
What else has been done to your machine? Engine-wise that is?

Tony

Exaust, cam, and the other items that come with the HRC kit.

jmpulse
01-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by exrider44
Not only is he rockin shorts hes got sneakers on! lol thats nuts:D

If he was wearing flip flops, he would be out there running in them!

jmpulse
01-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
The run in blue- when you said just the LTE exhaust, does that include removing the lid and rejetting?

That would be part of the exaust kit instructions.

I think the benefits of the LTE you are seeing is because the silencers are not restricted like the stock exhaust is.

Isn't that the reason for an aftermarket exaust?

jmpulse
01-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by roughrider01
Only problem i see, the outlets looks like they would hit hard if you wheelied a little too far.

That is funny that you noticed that. That is true on mine, because I made my own grab bar out of steel, stock one sucked, and I made it too short. I keep meaning to make it stock lenght, but haven't done it yet. So I actually dammaged both tips, my stupid, when I went over on the asfault. They actually survived dragging in the dirt once, and the pics were taken just after Will over wheelied.

Bad Habit
01-14-2005, 09:00 AM

That would be part of the exaust kit instructions.

I think the benefits of the LTE you are seeing is because the silencers are not restricted like the stock exhaust is.
Isn't that the reason for an aftermarket exaust?
The point I was getting at is that you are not comparing apples to apples. A totally stock machine with a 118 main and closed airbox vs a machine with a 180(I'm guessing) main and opened airbox. You cannot claim that the LTE makes roughly 3hp more over the rpm range, this gain is not a function of the exhaust design. If a stock machine had the airbox lid removed, rejetted and stock baffle removed off the end of the silencer, it would be virtually identical to the run in blue.

I'm not ragging on the LTE, it looks really unique and will definitely make someone stand out. I'm just trying to illustrate some of the misconceptions about gains from some of the components out there.

jmpulse
01-14-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Bad Habit

The point I was getting at is that you are not comparing apples to apples. A totally stock machine with a 118 main and closed airbox vs a machine with a 180(I'm guessing) main and opened airbox. You cannot claim that the LTE makes roughly 3hp more over the rpm range, this gain is not a function of the exhaust design. If a stock machine had the airbox lid removed, rejetted and stock baffle removed off the end of the silencer, it would be virtually identical to the run in blue.

I'm not ragging on the LTE, it looks really unique and will definitely make someone stand out. I'm just trying to illustrate some of the misconceptions about gains from some of the components out there.

Then there would be no need for any aftermarket exaust, except to make everything loud! I would love to see a dyno sheet to prove what you are claiming. I have never seen any quad respond much to just opening up the airbox. They do get more responsive with the jetting changes. There might be a hp gain by opening everything up, but for the dyno games, every manufatrure always uses a baseline with the quad bone stock.

By the way, the gains across the board are probally closer to 4 hp, across the rpm's, if not greater. There even looks like close to 8 on the bottom end.

lukester720
01-15-2005, 04:15 AM
Bad habit is correct with 3 hp removing the lid and the butt plug out of the pipe with proper jetting. I've seen the dyno sheet for this before by a reputable exhaust manufacturer.

If you are happy with your new pipe that is all that matters.....