PDA

View Full Version : powder coating engine

yamahonda
01-09-2005, 02:38 AM
pappy can you powder coat a yfz400 engine... most i see they pc everything but the actual head... is there a reason for this???? i am wanting to get my motor completely black is this a bad thing???? i also heard someone say i should get it anodized black ... pros and cons on this would help thanx... not asking for you to do the work but if it can be done..

Pappy
01-09-2005, 06:34 AM
yes most of the engine can be done, including the valve cover. id stay away from pc'ing the actual cylinder and would opt for a different process.

blue416ex
02-18-2005, 09:34 AM
you can actually just spray paint the actual jug/head i did it on my banshee i actually did it 2wice once with a deep red and then (only thing bad about it ) i spily a little gas on it and it melted off then next rebuild time i painted them a sweet silver you dont need hi temp paint just regular old rustoleum paint (for metal) and get the color of your choice i never had a problem with it burning off or anything like that it works and would work for you too if thats the look your going for . . . . :devil: