PDA

View Full Version : front set up for mx

Fast350ex
01-09-2005, 01:52 AM
I'm looking for a durable front end set up for MX (300ex). I'm on a low budget, but still even if it's not so cheap, I'd still like to check into it. I've heard of Burgard ball joints breaking to easily, and I don't want to have to deal with that, but if I have to I will.

Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

hardkoratvmxr
01-09-2005, 08:21 AM
Here are some good choices and places that you should look into things at and the choices that i would recommend:

A-arms--LSR +2+1 or Burgard +2+1 or Burgard +3+1

Suspension--Elka No Preload rebound and compression piggyback or remote rezzies

Brakes-- Stainless Steel Brakelines, Wave rotors

Wheels and Tires-- .190 or stock front tires (beadlock optional) razr mx tires 20x7x10

On the suspension since you are on a tight budget you can go with works but if you went there you dont have very many choices on what shocks you can get. I would get the elka econo series and then as you get more money yuo can keep upgrading them to better elkas by their add on kits. JMO

Fast350ex
01-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Thank's, I would like to get Elka's but there to expensive.
Are the Works good for MX or is it better to spend the extra money on good shocks, the Works don't look like they handle well on the track.

hardkoratvmxr
01-09-2005, 11:50 AM
elka makes a shock that is like the elkas called the econo shock where it is like only 550 which is what you would pay for a set of works with all of the goodies but then you can upgrade them and as you get more money you can upgrade them and the works wont do very well for serious motocross but if you juss do motocross some of the time then they will be a good decision because they are a lil to soft for serious motocross

DaveEX7
01-09-2005, 01:13 PM
My set up is ...

*burgard+2+1 nickle plated a-arms
*works shocks (no res)
*stock brake lines

only about 800 for the whole set up....... also offset rims

Florida400EX
01-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
elka makes a shock that is like the elkas called the econo shock where it is like only 550 which is what you would pay for a set of works with all of the goodies but then you can upgrade them and as you get more money you can upgrade them and the works wont do very well for serious motocross but if you juss do motocross some of the time then they will be a good decision because they are a lil to soft for serious motocross

The quadshop sells elka econos for like $425 or something like that, best bang for the buck shock.

Ex_Rider43
01-09-2005, 09:21 PM
I have burgard a-arms on my 406 with elka race shocks and juste love the setup.

I am selling my 400 and Im getting my shocks rebuilt and also..... +3 burgard a-arms for my 450r!

roostin_dale
01-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Well you dont want to go too cheap or it isnt even worth the money! But oyu can find a descent front end for a fairly cheap price...

This front end will be pretty cheap and it will perform very well for what you pay!

Burgard +3+1 a-arms....$450
Elka Econo's.....around $450
SS Brake Lines...around $70

So you can get the whole front end for under a grand...