PDA

View Full Version : Time to sell the toys and move on

WEEZIL
01-08-2005, 06:38 PM
I am bummed to say. But I may be geting rid of my quad. All of the local areas are closing down. And things are changing. I had a really great time on this forum, You guys were very helpful and very VERY damn funny! Thank you for everything.. And who knows. Maybe we'll ride together some day again!
So in turn of this happening both my father and I are selling our toys.. And buying street bikes. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE FELLAS AND LADIES!

FOR SALE JOHNSTOWN PENNSYLVANIA

2003 SUZUKI Z400
AWESOME SHAPE EXTREMELY LOW MILES BEAUTIFUL CONDITION
*GBC Dirt devil rear tires (literally brand new)
*Armadillo 6 pack rack
*CEET Gripper seat cover. That has never even been ridin on
*DG V-Pro fat series Front bumper
*Quad boss heavy duty skid plate
THESE QUADS DONT COME IN BETTER SHAPE THAN THIS ONE. MATTER OF FACT MY DADS SELLING IT BECAUSE HE NEVER RIDES IT AND NEEDS MORE ROOM FOR NEW TOYS ASKING $4000!

1993 HONDA 300EX
B E A U T I F U L SHAPE! I HAVE HAD PEOPLE GUESS ALREADY THAT IT WAS A 97, AND A 2000!
*Maxxis all-trak rear tires
*Brand new factory rear brake pads
*Brand new DG BAJA series skid plate
*All new rear axle bearings and seals
*BRAND NEW EBC REAR DISC
* Moose Hand Guards
*Scott Hurricane grips
*Ported and filtered airbox lid
* Comes with DG RCM pipe
$1700

This and BOTH of these ATVS were ALWAYS kept in doors. Even with the previous owner of mine he had it in a HEATED garage! They were both always well maintained and well taken care of! Premium oils were always used in both machines. The only thing they need is someone to ride them and enjoy them as much as we have!
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS OF ANY KIND YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT hessian660@hotmail.com Or instant message me on AIM (my screen name is StuntManFox)

I have pictures of my 300. But none of the Z!

400ex28
01-08-2005, 07:07 PM
:( Man that sucks, I hope that stuff dont happen around here!

FTR250Rnif
01-08-2005, 07:51 PM
dam .. Good luck with the street bikes bro:)

muddy400EX
01-08-2005, 08:20 PM
its always sad to see someone leave this sport:(

WEEZIL
01-08-2005, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't say i am "leaving" the sport. Just taking a break from it for a few years untill better riding oppertunitys to arrvie. Plus if you look at it this way. Maybe someone who wants IN the sport will buy my 300.

Punk'd
01-08-2005, 09:11 PM
That sucks man.. Im thankful my family has like 380 acres to ride on.

crday98
01-09-2005, 04:12 AM
your local riding areas are being shut down?
this makes me glad that we began paying for registration a few years back with money that was supposed to opening such areas. it is odd that the state has been getting our money for the last few years and i have yet to see a designated riding area open anywhere in my area.
piss on PA!!!!:mad:

Tommy 17
01-09-2005, 09:28 AM
the money bought a 6000 acre park in cambria and clearfield county... the only thing is they are trying to close to put up 300 windmills... its supposed to be open late 2005 or early 2006...

i've rode there 3 or 4 times now... and man is the place nice!!! hopeufully the windmills don't ruin it...

250rAL
01-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by crday98
your local riding areas are being shut down?
this makes me glad that we began paying for registration a few years back with money that was supposed to opening such areas. it is odd that the state has been getting our money for the last few years and i have yet to see a designated riding area open anywhere in my area.
piss on PA!!!!:mad:

I've been paying fees for 20 years and all we have to show for it is a tiny little riding park 2 hours away. And a couple of years ago, the state took $750,000 out of our ATV fund to use for other things. The icing on the cake is that last summer they passed new laws virtually banning ATV's anywhere but private property and frozen lakes in the winter. We can't even ride the ditches in the winter like the snowmobiles can. I wouldn't expect much more from your politicos if I were you.

01-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Dont give in, man! By selling your bikes, your letting the treehugging yuppies win!!!

crday98
01-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
the money bought a 6000 acre park in cambria and clearfield county... the only thing is they are trying to close to put up 300 windmills... its supposed to be open late 2005 or early 2006...

i've rode there 3 or 4 times now... and man is the place nice!!! hopeufully the windmills don't ruin it...
it is good that you have a place to ride but there is nothing of the such going up in my area nor do i hear of plans for any.
if anything, they are trying to prevent you from riding anywhere in my area instead of making a place. a few friends of mine just got fined for riding on watershed property when they did no no such thing. they were eating at a restaurant and when they went to leave they were waiting outside for them and started handing out fines. their logic was because they claim that the riders had to cross watershed property to get to the restaurant even though there is a trail that comes from a local coal company right across the street.they rode in on that trail to go eat.it is a no-brainer that the fines will never hold up in court. these people are just a waste of human space to think they can give out fines based on assumption. my father is a lawyer and if there is one thing that pisses a judge off is stupid chit like this. it is a complete waste of the judges time and they can't stand people who try to enforce laws that don't exist or fine people for reasons like the one mentioned.
to sum it up the state could kiss my *** if they think they are getting another penny out of me for atv registration ;)

flat_track400ex
01-09-2005, 07:45 PM
hey where in PA are u from cuz some of the riding places i went are shuting things down to quads my friend had a built 426 quad and sold it cuz of tracks closing things to quads

WEEZIL
01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm from johnstown. The woods behind my house are being logged. the woods next to my house are forbidden to ride ATVS on the woods across the way are being developed into a ritzy neighborhood. You cant get anywhere to ride without riding down a street. crossing a major road. and geting on frequently used railroad tracks and riding a few miles. So whats the point.

exrider360
01-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Yer better off on the street.
When ya get a street bike stop on over to. www.labusas.org:devil:

dunnonuttin
01-10-2005, 05:49 PM
sucks, i would hate to have to sell my bikes even though i know it will happen in the future unless its to buy better bikes. i hope to pass them down to my future sons i will have